Problems with dbexport

Post by The Famous Eri » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:34:31

[cutting]

>So to directly quote Murray: "Do yourself a favour and get a decent >tape
>drive" :-)

Or get a few and stripe them and then it does go quite quick

The Famous Eric

Problems with dbexport

Post by Captain Pedanti » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:08:48

> [cutting]

> >So to directly quote Murray: "Do yourself a favour and get a decent >tape
> >drive" :-)

> Or get a few and stripe them and then it does go quite quick

Quickly.

Problems with dbexport

....quite quick quickly ??????

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # You are only young once

Problems with dbexport

Post by Impy » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:12:18

quit quack quakely?

> ....quite quick quickly ??????

> > > [cutting]

>tape

> > > Or get a few and stripe them and then it does go quite quick

> > Quickly.

> --
> Paul Watson             #
> Oninit Ltd              # You are only young once
> Tel: +44 1436 672201    # but you can be immature
> Fax: +44 1436 678693    # for ever
> www.oninit.com          #

1. Problem with dbexport on NT

We are using Informix WGS 7.24 on WinNT 4.x version.

It seems that dbexport will work only on local hard drives. If we try
to dbexport on a network drive, it gives following error message:-

     Subdirectory already exists.

I checked that directory and there is no <database.exp> directory there.

This is a serious problem for us. We allocated too much space for our
dbspaces  and now we are running out of free space in our C: drive.
I would like to dbexport the database , reinitiliase the database with
less space for dbspaces and dbimport data back.

Because of the above problem I am forced to dbexport on the local drive
which anyhow has insufficient space for dbexport.

Please email me back (remove nospam from the reply address).

TIA.

Ravi.
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

2. pgsql-server/src/test/regress/expected domain. ...

3. Problems with dbexport

4. Newbie

5. Help in this process

6. problem with dbexport in IDS online 7.30 UC7

7. how can i set the NOT FOR REPLICATION option to an existing table

8. Problem with dbexport

9. problem with dbexport and float fields

10. Problem with dbexport (Help !!)

11. Problems con dbexport

12. Upgrading from 7.30 -> 9.21 problems with dbexport ?