PRESS: Informix in the News

Post by jpar.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

That's a scary thought - Microsoft going to the high end.  Thank you - I
get enough GPFs just reading my mail.

     Microsoft - The people who brought you edlin.

cheers
j.

Subject:  Re: PRESS: Informix in the News

To the high-end to compete with more experienced companies (ORACLE, Sybase,
IBM)
with better financial positions and better marketing/sales strategies.
Informix is leaving the low-end to Microsoft, but will stay Microsoft at
low-end
or will go to the high-end too? If Microsoft go there too, what you going
to do
Informix?
You had left a lot of customers hanged-on with your tools (4GL, NewEra) and
mid-size/workgroup databases (SE, Workgroup edition). Are you aware of
this?

> List of Informix related articles.

> Format:
> PUBLICATION
> "Article Name"
> Summary of Article
> [Date, Location in Publication, Author]

> Informix in the News
> ---------------------------------
> (3/3/98)

> INFOWORLD ELECTRIC
> "Informix Focusing on High-End Apps, Says CEO"
> At a recent breakfast with the media, President and CEO of Informix
Robert
> Finocchio Jr. announced that Informix is conceding the low-end Windows NT
> database market to Microsoft and instead plans to sell databases for
> high-end applications in online transaction processing (OLTP) and data
> warehousing as well as for database-driven Web sites. The low-end,
> shrink-wrapped database marketplace is cornered by Microsoft, Finocchio
said.
> (Paul Krill, 2/24/98)

> Additional coverage:
> YAHOO FINANCE
> "Informix to Focus on High-End Database Niches?CEO"
> (Kourosh Karimkhany, 2/24/98)

> COMPUTER RESELLER NEWS
> "Informix CEO Lays Out Game Plan"
> (Shawn Willet, 2/24/98)

> PCWEEK ONLINE
> "Informix Chief Sees Light Ahead"
> At a recent press breakfast, Informix President and CEO Robert Finocchio
> Jr. was upbeat in discussing an encouraging fourth quarter in which
> Informix posted a $17.8 million profit on revenues of $181.2 million. In
> all of 1997, the Menlo Park, Calif. company lost $357.3 million.
> (Mark Hammond, 2/24/98)

> DATABASED WEB ADVISOR
> "Using Informix Datablades to Facilitate E-Commerce: Orchestrate all the
> Capabilities an E-Commerce Site Requires into a Single, Coherent,
> Manageable System"
> Informix?s recently released Informix Dynamic Server with the Universal
> Data Option opens up a wealth of possibilities for those looking to tie
> together many systems to support electronic commerce. For many
> organizations, the Informix solution provides the right amount of
> performance, manageability, flexibility, and rapid Web application
> development to support a commercial presence on the Net. Informix Dynamic
> Server?s ability to pull any data and functionality into the database as
> first-class datatype gives it "integratability."
> (Staff Writer, March 1998)

begin:          vcard
fn:             Melvin Perez
n:              Perez;Melvin
org:            CAM Informatica. S. A.

title:          Technical Vicepresident
tel;work:       (809) 686-5574
tel;fax:        (809) 686-5467
tel;home:       (809) 227-2893
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;-960
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

PRESS: Informix in the News

Post by Ing. Melvin Perez Cedan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

--------------24F3CB39F26D02887FEF04C0

However, you still using it!

Nobody likes GPF's, but why everybody uses Microsoft software? How Bill Gates
became the biggest billionaire in the industry?

Informix has the best technology in the database market, but why they have
financial problems? Technology isn't enough!!!