command line switches

Post by Joe Terr » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:51:52

I am trying to find the command line switches that can be used to run a 4gl
compiled program.

i.e.

example.4ge -d $DATABASE to override DATABASE statement in compiled program.

I have an update program that is using a cursor that does not seem to
address the correct database, and yet it works fine on the original
database.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you.

command line switches

Post by Obnoxio The Clo » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 05:00:52

Quote:>I am trying to find the command line switches that can be used to run a 4gl
>compiled program.

>i.e.

>example.4ge -d $DATABASE to override DATABASE statement in compiled program.

>I have an update program that is using a cursor that does not seem to
>address the correct database, and yet it works fine on the original
>database.

You have to parse the command line parameters and handle them manually
within the 4GL code. There is no default -d handling.

command line switches

Post by Armin-Ghader » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:44:30

Quote:> I am trying to find the command line switches that can be used to run
a 4gl
> compiled program.

> i.e.

> example.4ge -d $DATABASE to override DATABASE statement in compiled
program.

> I have an update program that is using a cursor that does not seem to
> address the correct database, and yet it works fine on the original
> database.

> Any help would be welcomed.

> Thank you.

Hi
I think if you use this command maybe find your answer:
fglgo xxxx.4gi that xxxx.4gi is a compiled program of xxxx.4gl

armin

1. ISQL command-line switch

Is there a command-line switch for ISQL that would format the output to
be Tab Delimited rather than Column Aligned?  There's a -s
(col_separator) option but I don't think that'll help.  Thanks much.

2. How do I inline XSL and javascript WITHIN an HTML page?

3. Query Analyzer Command Line Switch -C

4. Access & SQL Server

5. Using command line switches

6. Y2K

7. command line switch outlook express

8. Ask For Help

9. command line switches

10. Help with command line switch

11. Command Line Switches for Paradox 9...?

12. Paradox Version 4.5 Command Line Switches

13. PW7/32 command-line switches