Problem with dbexport on NT

Post by Ravi Krishn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We are using Informix WGS 7.24 on WinNT 4.x version.

It seems that dbexport will work only on local hard drives. If we try
to dbexport on a network drive, it gives following error message:-

     Subdirectory already exists.

I checked that directory and there is no <database.exp> directory there.

This is a serious problem for us. We allocated too much space for our
dbspaces  and now we are running out of free space in our C: drive.
I would like to dbexport the database , reinitiliase the database with
less space for dbspaces and dbimport data back.

Because of the above problem I am forced to dbexport on the local drive
which anyhow has insufficient space for dbexport.

Please email me back (remove nospam from the reply address).

TIA.

Ravi.
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

Problem with dbexport on NT

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

FWIW It might be easier to:
1) bring the engine offline
2) copy the chunk files elsewhere, where there is more space
3) replace the original file with a symbolic link to the new location
4) bring the engine back up

Art S. Kagel

> We are using Informix WGS 7.24 on WinNT 4.x version.

> It seems that dbexport will work only on local hard drives. If we try
> to dbexport on a network drive, it gives following error message:-

>      Subdirectory already exists.

> I checked that directory and there is no <database.exp> directory there.

> This is a serious problem for us. We allocated too much space for our
> dbspaces  and now we are running out of free space in our C: drive.
> I would like to dbexport the database , reinitiliase the database with
> less space for dbspaces and dbimport data back.

> Because of the above problem I am forced to dbexport on the local drive
> which anyhow has insufficient space for dbexport.

> Please email me back (remove nospam from the reply address).

> TIA.

> Ravi.
> --
> Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

1. IDS 7.30, IECC on NT, dbexport problem

Hi,
I have the problem in the IECC with functions Export database, Access Unload
Jobs and Unload Jobs.
I get the following error:

Error:
Cannot connect to server dbshark: Error code -921

Messages in "agent.log"
9/24/98 17:32:23 - Admin agent for dbshark started.
9/24/98 17:32:42 - Attempt to connect to database server (%s) failed.

Other IECC functions, SQL Editor, dbaccess work fine.

System:
IDS/WE 7.30.TC3
Windows NT 4.0 with SP3

Do you have any solution?
Thanx.

Leos

2. Paradox and Windows XP

3. dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

4. help on writing a 'promo-article'

5. Unix dbexport to NT dbimport

6. Registration Delete & Add

7. Dbimport of an NT-dbexport fails on Solaris box

8. Oracle's classes111.zip file

9. dbexport from NT to Solaris

10. Dbexport/Import NT to solaris

11. Problems with dbexport