Informix log file /tmp/bar_act.log

Post by Pentti Tiet?v?ine » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 19:59:11

Hi,
Online seems to log some information to /tmp/bar_act.log.  We use only
ontape for backups. How can I prevent this actions/logging?

Still better if someone can show me better logical log backup system than
ontape -c!

Regards
Pentti

Informix log file /tmp/bar_act.log

Post by Dirk Moolma » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 21:35:53

Your only choices for backups - logical logs and database - are onbar and
ontape.
So if you don't like ontape -c, you will have to use onbar (with a 3rd party
backup manager).

The only way I can see that onbar gets started, is if you are still using
the standard $INFORMIXDIR/etc/log_full.sh script that tries to run onbar.
Have a look at this script and change it according to your needs.

It almost sounds like someone played around on your system and tried to
get onbar to run at some stage, and some of its processes are still
* around.

Dirk