Looking for good Books on Informix

Post by sixu.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hye
I need advises on good  Books on Informix.
Who knows?
Thanks

Post by Mark D. Stoc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hye
> I need advises on good  Books on Informix.
> Who knows?
> Thanks

Well of course I would have to recommend SAMS book "Informix Unleashed"
:-)

Cheers,
--
Mark.

+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
|Mark D. Stock - Informix SA       http://www.informix.com |////////  /|

|                      +-----------------------------------+////  / ///|
| Tel: +27 11 807 0313 |If it's slow, the users complain.  |///  / ////|
| Fax: +27 11 807 2594 |If it's fast, the users keep quiet.|//  / /////|

+----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+

1. Looking for a good Informix DBA Reference book

I am looking for a good reference book for Informix DBAs.  I am looking
for something with very clear and easy to understand examples of most of
the common DBA activities.  I will be training new DBAs in some of the
basic tasks they will need to maintain a large database; creating and
maintaining user accounts, backup and recovery, adding space to the
database, monitoring load performance.  I am also interested in more
advanced topics such as changing the configuration of the database to
switch between optimization for a single process loading a large amount
of data, and for a large number of users making many query requests.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
  Mike

BTW I have looked in the FAQ and will look into some of those books.

2. Word97 with VB/Access

3. Informix Jobs Mail List >>Looking for the best Informix WEB sites

4. INITCOLVS: The parameter 'nickname' is invalid. SQL7 to SQL2000 replication upgrade related problem.

5. Find the Best prices on Delphi Books - Searches 40+ Book sites for the best price

6. ado list

7. Looking for any good beginning books

8. US-CT-ORACLE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT LEAD

9. Looking for good books to prep for 70-229

10. Looking for good books

11. looking for good SQL Book

12. Looking for a good book/tutorial about SQL

13. Looking for a good SQL server 7 book