FourGen Order Entry crasher **System Error -104**

Post by DanRil » Mon, 13 Feb 1995 03:10:19

Any Fourgen users had any problems with the FourGen
Order Entry module running against Informix-SE v5.02.UC6?

This is what I get (ON A SEEMINGLY RANDOM BASIS):

   Date: 02/02/95    Time: 16:08:49
   Program error at "lib_eror.4gl", line number 236.
   SQL statement error number -311.
   Cannot open system catalog (syscolumns).
   SYSTEM error number -104.
   ISAM error:  too many files open.

The table names and 4gl source files vary from crash to
crash, and it is impossible to reproduce this on a
consistant basis.

According to Informix Tech Support I am bumping into a
C-ISAM limit of 64 files per process, and this is primarily
a Standard Engine issue as the OnLine engine does not use
the UNIX file system as extensively as the SE.

After a query, are the associated "file handles" freed, and if
not, is there a way of manually freeing them in order to keep
the number of open files at a minimum.

=Dan=

FourGen Order Entry crasher **System Error -104**

Post by Huddleston, Jo » Wed, 15 Feb 1995 11:38:04

we hit this problem a lot when we first started rolling informix se out to
our 100+ sites.  we fixed it by changing the unix kernel parameters: nfiles
and nindoes (nfiles and ninodes need to be set to the same value, btw).
you may also want to check the setting for nprocs.

 -joe-

From: ilist
To: informix-list
Subject: FourGen Order Entry crasher **System Error -104**