Thread-safe SQL web password auth

Post by Obi-W » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We're running the Netscape Enterprise 2.01 web server and the
Informix 7.1 SQL server on a Solaris 2.5.1 box.

We're trying to get the web server setup so that it authenticates
user passwords and path access from our Informix database rather
than the ACL files.  I've got this working fine on a test server,
but when I turned it on for our heavily-used primary server, I
found that SQL calls into Informix (via ESQL/C) are not thread
safe.  Whenever two SQL queries from separate threads of the same
web server process get run at the same time, the latter call gets
error -439, indicating that the server connection is busy.  Is it
possible to run a different database connection for each thread?
How?  If not, what's the best way to lock then connection whenever
I'm executing a query?

I can't find any mention of multi-thread support anywhere in the
Informix manuals.  Does anyone have any idea how I can get around
this without eating up gobs of CPU time on each and every HTTP
query?

                                Thanks,
                                Obi-Wan

--

Vice President and System Administrator, Internet Nebraska      402-434-8680
    That's what owning a Jeep is really about.  Being the sort of person

1. Thread safe in using CDatabase under SQL 6.5 driver 2.65

Hi Anyone:
I would like to ask if anyone knows Microsoft MFC CDatabase classes is
thread safe.  Because, we experienced problem when we are using CDatabase
classes in a multi thread environment.  Microsoft suggest we use
CriticalSection to lock up any database access code.  The database we are
using is SQL Server 6.5 and the ODBC driver for the SQL Driver is 2.65.
I would like to know if anyone know anything about this and appreciate if
you would share some of this info with me.

Thanks

Herman

2. DSO: Merge OLAP partitions fails silently when committing transaction.

3. q: SQL Server 7.0, DB-lib, thread safe?

4. Stored Querys and Passing user input to them

5. ADO 2.5 connected to SQL 7 thread-safe?

6. IDEAS: Can I run a sql script using VC and ADO.

7. NT auth works, SQL Server auth doesn't

8. Splittng

9. Web User Auth using MS-SQL

10. HELP -- odbc thread safe?

11. Is ODBC thread-safe?