Problem with installed I4GL on SCO UNIX

Post by Steve wa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I had Installed I4GL ver 4.10 on SCO OPEN SERVER 5.02 with Development Kit
 After installation ,
I can't complier programs a error message returned. Quote "There is no C
compiler contained in any directory in your path."

However, I can make it by c4gl & cc

Thanks.

Post by Jonathan Leffl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Date: 7 Jan 1997 08:16:17 GMT

>I had Installed I4GL ver 4.10 on SCO OPEN SERVER 5.02 with Development Kit
>After installation,
>I can't complier programs a error message returned. Quote "There is no C
>compiler contained in any directory in your path."

>However, I can make it by c4gl & cc

I interpet your problem as 'The i4gl program claims that there is no C
compiler even though the c4gl script can find it OK'.

Version 4.10 is very old (released in 1989 or 1990), and probably precedes
SCO Open Server by a good few years.  I'd guess that the C compiler is not
in /usr/bin or /bin.  Later versions of the i4gl program do not include the
check for the C compiler; they leave that to the c4gl script, so you
wouldn't run into the problem.  To work around the problem, you are
probably going to have to create a C compiler somewhere where i4gl is
looking for it.  I'd be inclined to do it by making a symlink /usr/bin/cc
which points to whatever C compiler you would normally use.  This might
*other things up, so be cautious.

I think you should be aiming to upgrade to I4GL Version 4.17 or
thereabouts.

Yours,