URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

Post by D. Ham » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Run trying to start oninit I get cannot find message file. My
INFORMIXDIR is set correctly and DBLANG is unset. All files are in msg
and in en_us/0333.  Any ideas what it thinks is missing.

Most urgent, many thanks,
-D. Hamon

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Run trying to start oninit I get cannot find message file. My
> INFORMIXDIR is set correctly and DBLANG is unset. All files are in msg
> and in en_us/0333.  Any ideas what it thinks is missing.

Usually means that you installed some earlier version software AFTER
installing the
server.  Did you install 4GL (which is at version 7.20 or 7.30) after IDS
7.31 or IDS.2000?  That would do it.  Reinstall the server and anything
(like SDK 2.xx) that
is later in versioning, in version order, and all will be well.

Art S. Kagel

1. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

2. New to SQL, need help with IF Statement

3. ERR: The system cannot find the file specified (Urgent)

4. Problem accessing DynamicPropertiesTaskAssignment properties

5. cannot find message files

6. US-PA-Philly: Oracle Developers Immediate Perm Opportunities

7. cannot find message file

8. How to update field on Data Control

9. oninit Cannot find message file

10. oninit - .Cannot find message file