Online 4.11 and I-NET

Post by bob dres » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

A client of mine has a unix box running Informix Online 4.11 (aren't we up
to date ?)  I would like to do some windows based ODBC interfaces using
Intersolv's package.  My question is - How do you know if the Informix
database you're using has I-NET or I-STAR configured with it.  I did not
install this version of Informix on the machine.  Are these seperate
programs that must be loaded?  Are they shipped seperately ?  Is there any
command to issue to see if they are alive ??   Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks !!!!

Online 4.11 and I-NET

Post by Tony Tyrwhitt-Dra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

> - How do you know if the Informix
>database you're using has I-NET or I-STAR configured with it.

I-Net is the client part and as such would be on any PCs configured
to connect to the database. It comes on a PC disc, which you will
need to install it.

I-Star lives on the Unix host. If installed it should be registered
in the serial no file, or you could look for an executable called
sqlexecd. Again you should have the install media for the product.

1. ONLINE BACKUP OF ORACLE 8 / NOVELL 4.11

I HAVE ORACLE 8 DATABASE ON A NOVELL 4.11 SERVER AND I WOULD LIKE TO BACKUP
THE DATABASE WITHOUT SHUTDOWN THE DATABASE. WE USE ARCSERVE 6 TO BACKUP THE
NOVELL SERVER.
IN THE PAST (SAME NOVELL VERSION BUT ORACLE SERVER 7) THERE WAS A BACKUP
AGENT ON ARCSERVE THAT
PERMITTED TO BACKUP THE ACTIVE DATABASE AUTOMATICALLY.

SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO BACKUP THE ACTIVE DATABASE WITH NOVELL 4.11 ORACLE 8
ARCSERVE 6 ?

YOU KNOW IF THERE IS ANOTHER BACKUP METHOD ?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

JACK

2. Summarizing question (newbie)

3. BACKUP ONLINE ORACLE 8.0 / NOVELL 4.11

4. A portal built on pure Java

5. Online 4.11 on Openserver 5.0.4

6. Picture Component??

7. Online 7.11,4GL 4.11 Insert Cursor Problem

8. Help: An SQL Database Puzzle w/ Performance Implications

9. Online config for I-NET PC 5.01 to Online 7.1

10. INET 5.01 for NT and ONLINE 5.01

11. ESQLC, INET, VisualC++ 4.0, Visual FoxPro, Online 7.1

12. Online 6/Solaris 2.3/Inet 5.01