ESQL/C Application-Interface Library Documentation

ESQL/C Application-Interface Library Documentation

Post by Elizabeth (L » Fri, 28 Aug 1992 06:23:43

A while back the function prototypes for the OnLine Engine interface
library was posted to the net.  Is there documentation available for the
engine interface routines?  Any help locating documentation for these
routines (such as _iqinsput, iqpopen, etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

Liz Forney
Software Engineer
NEC America, Inc.

ESQL/C Application-Interface Library Documentation

Post by Jonathan Leffl » Sat, 29 Aug 1992 20:18:05

Quote:>From: uunet!esd.dl.nec.com!forney (Elizabeth (Liz) J. Forney)
>Subject: ESQL/C Application-Interface Library Documentation
>Date: 26 Aug 92 21:23:43 GMT

>A while back the function prototypes for the OnLine Engine interface
>library was posted to the net.  Is there documentation available for the
>engine interface routines?  Any help locating documentation for these
>routines (such as _iqinsput, iqpopen, etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely not!  The interface changes regularly.  It doesn't affect
you because the ESQL/C compiler generates the code and uses the
current set of routines withthe current set of arguments.  There is no
way Informix would distribute information on this interface, because
it would unnecessarily tie the developer's hands.

This is my view -- and just conceivably Informix's too.

Yours emphatically,

1. ESQL/C Library conflicts with ISAM libraries

I am experiencing a conflict in a program where I reference both the
libisam.a and libifos.so libraries and they have a common reference to the
symbol "sqlidebug".  Unfortunately they have incompatible sizes and I
believe that this is causing all of my ESQL/C calls to abort.
Does Informix figure that if your using ESQL/C that you don't need to use
ISAM at the same time?  Please tell me it's not true.
Any light anyone can shed is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Troy Peterson

2. AQ in Oracle 8

3. Help: source of CS-Library error 2/4/1/54 -cs_convert...The non-map replacemen

4. A Dumb Question About Shared Memory

5. D2, IB-cs application problem

6. Hiding the Client Icon

7. ESQL bug documentation

8. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions