core dump when using myexport

Post by Art S. Kage » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:34:58

Run ident against the core file.  If you see a $Id string for the file
myschema.ec the culprit is myschema, let me know and try to get a stack
trace and a copy of the schema file.  If you see one for connect.ec the
culprit is sqlcmd, contact Jonathan Leffler to see what he wants to see.
  What versions of myschema and sqlcmd are you using?

Art S. Kagel

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:54:41

> Run ident against the core file.  If you see a $Id string for the file
> myschema.ec the culprit is myschema, let me know and try to get a stack
> trace and a copy of the schema file.  If you see one for connect.ec the
> culprit is sqlcmd, contact Jonathan Leffler to see what he wants to see.

We've established that the guilty party is SQLCMD.  SQLCMD should not
be core dumping - unless it is actually doing so deliberately after
carefully reporting that it is being asked to deal with a type it
doesn't recognize.  That's the problem; it's handling of IUS data
types is, shall we say politely, reprehensible.  It's about to catch
up with me big time...

 >   What versions of myschema and sqlcmd are you using?

IIRC, Praveen said SQLCMD 71.02, which is as good as it gets at the
moment.

--
Jonathan Leffler                   #include <disclaimer.h>

Guardian of DBD::Informix 1.04.PC1 -- http://dbi.perl.org/

1. core dump when using myexport

Hi All,

I installed myexport, utils2_ak, and sqlcmd for the first time. IDS
version is 9.30.UC1 and Solaris 8. When I run myexport -ss <database>,
it is generating the schema without any problems. Then it is listing all
table names which are being unloaded to the stdout. And finally
reporting

ksh: 29844 Bus Error(coredump)
ksh: 29846 Bus Error(coredump)
ksh[102]: 29947 Bus Error(coredump)

There is a core file in the *.exp directory. I run with another
database, but same kind of errors. Any ideas please?

TIA,
Praveen

2. Transaction Log

3. dostats Segmentation fault core dumped error when using -b

4. Reports 2.5 - Newbie question re: dynamic changes to query

5. core dump using upscol utility

6. DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA vs. DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS

7. Core dump using 4GL-RDS 7.20 under UnixWare 7

8. problems with olap

9. IDS on Linux (Core dump when using custom runner)

10. core dump on a prepare statement

11. Core dump on HP

12. pfree() core dump in 7.2.3