anyone use NBU 3.4 together with infx 7.34

anyone use NBU 3.4 together with infx 7.34

Post by takla » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:14:53

Hi,

we are try to use infx 7.34 together with NBU 3.4... and using onbar -l to
backup the logical log...

we find that in some occuassion the logical will missed ... that means
informix make it were backed up but NBU does have the record actually..

anyone had heard about that before... any foot print or solutions?

thanx.

anyone use NBU 3.4 together with infx 7.34

Post by William Woo » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:56:44

Quote:> Hi,

> we are try to use infx 7.34 together with NBU 3.4... and using onbar -l to
> backup the logical log...

> we find that in some occuassion the logical will missed ... that means
> informix make it were backed up but NBU does have the record actually..

> anyone had heard about that before... any foot print or solutions?

> thanx.

Are the Logical Logs a Veritas Schedule or is Informix Log_full.sh issuing
the backup request when full?

Are there any errors in the status column of "bpdbjobs -report|pg" ?
or bperror | pg.

If Veritas "controls" the backup, you may not be missing them, they may be
queuing up and running 5-10 at one time instead of one at a time.

What does the bar_act.log say about the "missing" log backups?
Kelly