IECC missing on 7.31 TC5 NT

Post by Christian Heik » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I just got IDS 7.31 TC5 for NT to play with :-)

But I'm missing the IECC frontend. Some time ago I downloaded
7.31 TC2 from www.intraware.com, which included IECC.

I tried to install IECC from TC2 on my TC5 system, but it didn't
work well. When I create a new online system with the server
instance manager, it is not display after invoking IECC.

What's wrong?

I know about ISA (OnWeb), but I don't really want to install a web server
on my system if it is not necessary.

TIA,

Christian Heiker

--
Christian Heiker
Dortmund, Germany

IECC missing on 7.31 TC5 NT

Post by Sean Kelse » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Funny you should mention this. I had the same problem

Having spoken to Informix Tech Support about it, it appears that Visibroker
have fallen out with Informix and informed them they they are no longer
licensed to issue IECC (as it was developed by Visibroker) with any future
releases of Informix (for the time being).

I have the 7.31.TC2 IECC services still running (after upgrading the TC2
engine with TC5) which connects quite happily to the TC5 engine, so not a
real problem, just a ball ache.

Hope this helps

Sean

Quote:> Hello,

> I just got IDS 7.31 TC5 for NT to play with :-)

> But I'm missing the IECC frontend. Some time ago I downloaded
> 7.31 TC2 from www.intraware.com, which included IECC.

> I tried to install IECC from TC2 on my TC5 system, but it didn't
> work well. When I create a new online system with the server
> instance manager, it is not display after invoking IECC.

> What's wrong?

> I know about ISA (OnWeb), but I don't really want to install a web server
> on my system if it is not necessary.

> TIA,

> Christian Heiker

> --
> Christian Heiker
> Dortmund, Germany

1. Upgrade 7.31 TC5 ==> 9.21 Tc 3

Hi,

We are now running Informix 7.31 Tc5 on NT 4.0 SP5.
We want to upgrade the Windows to Windows 2000. Before we can do that we
must upgrade our Informix to a higher version.  Maybe 9.21 Tc 3.

Who has done the same and can let me know the result.
What are the advantages of 9.21.
What are the disadvantages of that version ?
Is that an upgrade that has running a long time to install ?
What about the diskspace ?

Please let me know as much as you know.

Thanks,

Franky

2. Expand your resume with J2EE experience: COTSEC requires experienced developers wishing to engage in shared profit RAD environment for J2EE

3. Upgrade from 7.30 TC5 --> 7.31 TC2

4. Postnet Bar Codes?

5. Event Properties 7.31 Tc5

6. OpenQuery Error??

7. 7.31 UD1 to 7.31 UD5

8. SQL 7.0 help..

9. Migrating from 7.31 FC2 to 7.31 FC6

10. Error when I operate an Informix IDS 7.31 on Windows NT

11. Connect Informix 7.31 (NT) --> SQL Server 2000

12. UPDATE: HPL on NT 7.31

13. 7.31 TC1/2 - available for NT