Informix 5.10 configuration

Post by Steven Weis » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I'm configuring a Informix 5.10 database server running on SCO 5.0.4. The
machine has 2 fixed disks in it driven by 1 SCCSI controller.

I have created 4 chunks (2 gig each). 2 on Disk 1 and 2 on Disk 2 with the
chunks on Disk 2 being the primary chunks and the chunks on Disk 1 being the
mirrored chunks.

On Disk 2 I have assigned 1 chunk to be the root dbspace and the other to be
the data dbspace.

Would this configuration be an effiecient one?

Is there a better way of configuring the server bearing in mind that we need
the data mirrored?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Informix 5.10 configuration

Post by PC Use » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It's fine.  If you can spare more disks you you will get better performance if
you place
the rootdbs, physical logs and logical logs on separate drives from the data and
best
of all if rootdbs, physlog and logical log are separate from each other.

Art S. Kagel

> Hi

> I'm configuring a Informix 5.10 database server running on SCO 5.0.4. The
> machine has 2 fixed disks in it driven by 1 SCCSI controller.

> I have created 4 chunks (2 gig each). 2 on Disk 1 and 2 on Disk 2 with the
> chunks on Disk 2 being the primary chunks and the chunks on Disk 1 being the
> mirrored chunks.

> On Disk 2 I have assigned 1 chunk to be the root dbspace and the other to be
> the data dbspace.

> Would this configuration be an effiecient one?

> Is there a better way of configuring the server bearing in mind that we need
> the data mirrored?

> Thanks in advance
> Steve

1. OnLine 5.10 w/CSDK & ESQL 5.10

A while back I asked about running D4GL with OnLine 5.10 and CSDK.
Art and Jonathan pointed out that I-STAR would be needed with that
mix of products when the ESQL/C version is above 5.10.

But Jonathan also wrote that:

Has anyone succeeded with this technique?  Any ideas how I'd go about it?

--

Washington Group International, Inc.         (215) 422-4144
Philadelphia, PA, USA

2. Exam Preparation

3. Informix 5.10 and VPN Connection

4. How Delphi use Ms Excel data?

5. Fail Consistency Check AIX & Informix Online 5.10

6. Use user defined variables in VFP SQL

7. Problems with Arcunload & Informix 5.10

8. compiling a db2 sqlproc

9. Informix Online 5.10 and Legato Networker

10. INFORMIX 5.04 & 5.10 on Solaris

11. Informix -254 errors with JAM DBi 5.10

12. need help for Informix 5.10 slowness in I/O

13. Configuration Informix server with reaseau TCP/IP /Configuration serveur Informix avec reaseau TCP/IP