Grrrrrr.......Online 7.1 on AIX setup

Post by Mike Lemo » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

<HUGE VICIOUS SNARL>

It seems that Online 7.1 for AIX 3.2.5 doesn't like my
libtli.a shared library.

We have an older version of the C compiler (since IBM is too
*to provide it with the OS upgrades).  Is this my problem?
onmonitor won't even run: can't find put/sndmsg in libtli.a.

I'd prefer to use sockets right now anyway.  Is there a way to
keep it from loading that library?

All I want to do is set up a test development environment and
try out some network connections.  Something so simple.....

Thanks.
Mike Lemon

1. Grrrrrr.......Online 7.1 on AIX setup

The first point in OnLine 7.1 (AIX) machine note clearly states that
portable streams library needs to be loaded. If you are using OnLine
7.1 on a AIX box make sure that the /etc/inittab contains an entry
to run strload everytime the system is rebooted so as to make this
ob(li)vious.

//////////**********************************
//      //      send your $$$s to
//      //      Govind Tatachari
//      //      Consultant
//      //      Work:(415)926-6032

//////////**********************************

2. PDXengine [DOX 3.0 Pascal] unknown error messages!!

3. Anybody running Online 7.1 on AIX 4.1?

4. OS x and Filemaker client as server

5. How to migrate database on Online Dynamic Server 7.2 to Online Dynamic Server 7.1

6. Infx 5 to 7.2 - Problems ?

7. ONLINE 7.1 NT, ONLINE 5.0 UNIX

8. Segmentation fault

9. Online config for I-NET PC 5.01 to Online 7.1

10. Setup of disk chunks for online under AIX 4.1.3

11. 7.1 vs. 7.2 on AIX 5L