Help help help help

Post by Richard Ridl » Wed, 12 Jan 1994 10:48:08

Ron writes :

Quote:>Our machine crashed without warning. The reason for the crash
>has not been determined as it automatically rebooted itself.

Is there nothing in /usr/adm/syslog or SCO equivalent - normally when
a machine panics, you should get some 'emergency' message logged.
(unless of course you don't :) )

Quote:

>PROBLEM
>-------

>The machine rebooted and following appropriate file system
>checks came up fine, however, Informix will refuse to go
>into Quiescent mode. The shared memory seems to initialise
>o.k but when the engine attempts recovery mode, the "tbinit"
>process dies and dumps core. The "tbmonitor" program
>reports the following error :- ** WARNING: Daemon Died **

[Stuff deleted]

Quote:>INFORMIX VERSIONS
>-----------------

>INFORMIX-OnLine Version 4.10.UG1
>INFORMIX-STAR Version 4.10.UD2

[Stuff deleted]

We have been told by our support people that the versions of Online
must be EXACTLY the same - for example 4.10.UG1 and 4.10.UD2 would
not be supported - I would like to know if this is true in general
???  (Has the Informix feed been fixed yet ?  :) )

As far as the rest of your problem goes, I think Informix have a
special utility (tbzero ???) that will fool the engine into thinking
it has finished the logical log rollforward even when it hasn't -
perhaps you should contact them.  This seems to be a useful utility -
it fixes all sorts of problems( eg:  chunks being marked as down can
be unmarked as up) :  perhaps they should include it in upcoming
releases.

Hope this helps,

Richard Ridley
DHL Asia Pacific
Singapore

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. Informix stock

3. help help help help help help help help help

4. Why XP datasheet shows 1900-01-01 as 12:00:00AM?

5. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

6. Resource limit exceeded: File create I112

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. Help VB GRID

9. query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP

12. HELP HELP HELP HELP ... VB4(16) -> VB4(32)

13. HELP HELP HELP