Informix Through Perl

Post by Hari Muthuswam » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using DBD::INFORMIX to connect and query data in INFORMIX. Can
anybody tell me of any books or sources where I can get more information
on it. The Perl Books which I have seen offer info only on how to open
ascii files etc. I am looking specifically for topics such as

 use DBI;
 use DBD::INFORMIX;
 $dbh = DBI->connect("dbname"."","",'Informix')
 $sth = $dbh->prepare()
 $sth->execute
 etc.

 In other words the syntaxes and functions specific to Informix from
Perl.

Thanks in Advance,

Hari
TeleServices Resources

Informix Through Perl

Post by Jonathan Leffl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Read the documentation on DBI and DBD::Informix:

perldoc DBI

perldoc DBD::Informix

Yours,

PS: I decline to respond to messages with anti-spam in the return path.

PPS: Try changing the '.' into a ',' (dot to comma).

}Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:55:16 -0500
}
}I am using DBD::INFORMIX to connect and query data in INFORMIX. Can
}anybody tell me of any books or sources where I can get more information
}on it. The Perl Books which I have seen offer info only on how to open
}ascii files etc. I am looking specifically for topics such as
}
} use DBI;
} use DBD::INFORMIX;
} $dbh = DBI->connect("dbname"."","",'Informix')
} $sth = $dbh->prepare()
} $sth->execute
} etc.
}
} In other words the syntaxes and functions specific to Informix from
}Perl.
}
}Thanks in Advance,
}
}Hari
}TeleServices Resources

1. Difficulty Accessing Informix From Perl

Hello Informix and perl gurus,

I'm having difficulty accessing Informix from
my cron-based perl program. (My perl program
has no problem accessing Informix when executed
from the command line.) I'm doing this on the
HP/UNIX box, by the way.

I would appreciate if you could share your
programming wisdom with me.

     | /home/> crontabl -l
     | ##############################################
     | 03 11 * * 1-5 /home/./p.pl > $HOME/cron_out 2>&1

     | #!/usr/bin/perl -w
     |
     | use Env;
     | use strict;
     |
     | print "Hello world!\n";
     |
     | `dbaccess ebase <<EOF
     | UNLOAD TO "out_sql" DELIMITER "|"
     | SELECT table.column
     |   FROM table
     |EOF`;

     |/home/> cat _cron_out
     | sh: dbaccess:  not found.
     | Hello world!

Please note that I'm doing this at company,
and no perl dbi is available. This is why I'm
using a here-document in the program. I would
appreciate your help if there is a way to resolve
this issue.

Thanks in advance,

alea

2. Security concerns with SQL XML paradigm

3. INSERT INTO Informix with Perl DBI

4. How to allow other user to access the database

5. Informix and PERL

6. Copenhagen Denmark 2 jobs (Danish required)

7. Connecting to Informix using Perl

8. scusate l'italiano...........

9. Informix disconnect perl program

10. Informix and perl???

11. using DBD::Informix when Perl and target DB are on different machines

12. informix and perl

13. Memory Allocation Problems using DBD::Informix and Perl