oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Post by news.aon.a » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:20:09

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Post by David William » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:06:39

Quote:>Hallo!

>I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
>platform.
>When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

  Try oninit -ivy

   The 'v' is an undocumented verbose option which gets more info as
online starts up.

--
David Williams

oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Post by Tsutomu Ogiwar » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:55:55

Hi.

I think DBLANG is not correct.
Please set the correct DBLANG

It is the extract of a Informix Guide to GLS Functionality.

1. If DBLANG is set to a full_path: the directory that full_name indicates
2. If DBLANG is set to a relative_path:
        a. In $INFORMIXDIR/msg/$DBLANG on UNIX or
                %INFORMIXDIR%\msg\%DBLANG% on Windows NT
        b. In $INFORMIXDIR/$DBLANG on UNIX or
                %INFORMIXDIR%\%DBLANG% on Windows NT
3. If DBLANG is set to a locale_name: the msg subdirectory for the locale
   in $INFORMIXDIR/msg/lg_tr/code_set on UNIX systems or
   %INFORMIXDIR%\msg\lg_tr\code_set in Windows NT environ-ments,
   where lg, tr, and code_set are the language, territory, and code
   set, respectively, in locale_name.
   The value of DBLANG does not affect the messages that the database
   server writes to its message log. The database server obtains the
   locale for these messages from the SERVER_LOCALE environment
   variable.

--
Tsutomu Ogiwara

Technical Group & Red Brick Group,
Informix Sales Promotion Dept
ITOCHU TECHNO-SCIENCE Corporation
YASUKUNI KUDAN-MINAMI BLDG., 2-3-14, KUDAN-MINAMI,
CHIYODA-KU TOKYO,1 02-0074 JAPAN
Phone:+81-3-5212-4891 Fax:+81-3-5212-4889

oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Post by Günter Feichtinge » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:46:17

Hello everyone!

I fixed the problem!

When ! had installed the server (installserver), the DBLANG had been set.
I installed it once again without DBLANG and then there are no Error-
Message on oninit -i

Thanks to erverone, Gnter

> Hallo!

> I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
> platform.
> When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

> The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
> problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly
set.

> Maybe someone had a idea...

> Thanks, Gnter

> CDSPELL=cdspell

> CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

> COLLCHAR=0

> COLUMNS=80

> DBDATE=DMY4/

> DBLANG=2

> DBMONEY=.

> DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

> ENGINE=ONLINE

> ENV=/etc/kshrc

> ERRNO=13

> FCEDIT=/bin/ed

> HOME=/usr2/users/informix

> HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

> HZ=100

> IFS='

> '

> INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

> INFORMIXSERVER=viper

> LANG=german_germany.8859

> LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

> LINENO=1

> LINES=24

> LOGNAME=informix

> MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

> MAILCHECK=600

> MSG_MAIL=1

> MS_PROFILE=1

> OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

> ooefire

> OPTARG

> OPTIND=1

> PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

> PPID=6038

> PS2='> '

> PS3='#? '

> PS4='+ '

> PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

> RANDOM=4915

> SECONDS=475

> SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

> SHELL=/bin/ksh

> TERM=r2

> TMOUT=0

> TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

> USER=informix

1. Error Message: "Cannot find Installable ISAM"

Im dev'ing an app in which i connect to a dBase IV file. Everything
works fine when im coding, once i create the .EXE i get the following
error message:

        Cannot find Installable ISAM

Click OK, then exits program. ???

I was getting the error message before when codeing, but fixed it by
checking my vb.ini.  I find it really weird???

Any help would be apprieciated..
Thanks

2. Weird Query Behaviour

3. "Cannot create message file"

4. BaseTableName Property of Field Object is NULL

5. oninit Cannot find message file

6. STOP POSTING THAT JOBS OFFERED SPAM, THANK YOU

7. oninit - .Cannot find message file

8. Codecipher.com offically opens TODAY!

9. "file".spr is not an object file error message

10. "Cannot modify table" error message

11. Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

12. Error Message "cannot access selected table"

13. PLEASE HELP "message file not found"