HPL/onpload unload slow

Post by eve.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am unloading a table to disk using 40 threads(files) using the HPL.The
HPL starts unloading like lightning and then grind to an almost complete
halt after unloading about 2 million rows of a 32 million row table ? If
I tweak the ipload configuration buffer parms I get a faster start but
then it still grinds to a halt at about the same place. I am using a
dirty read. Any suggestions ?

Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

HPL/onpload unload slow

Post by Carlso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

One thing that I've noticed is that the disk where the output file
resides may get behind a bit.  HP Glance shows this in my environment.
Of course, I couldn't say that my testing comes to a grinding halt.  I'm
curious if there are any (practical) tunable parameters for HPL.

John Carlson
Informix DBA
WHSmith USA

> I am unloading a table to disk using 40 threads(files) using the HPL.The
> HPL starts unloading like lightning and then grind to an almost complete
> halt after unloading about 2 million rows of a 32 million row table ? If
> I tweak the ipload configuration buffer parms I get a faster start but
> then it still grinds to a halt at about the same place. I am using a
> dirty read. Any suggestions ?

> Steve

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. onpload/HPL migration from 7.23 to 7.3 problem

Here's the scenario.  Yesterday we migrated from 7.23 to 7.3 IDS.
Part of the preparation was dbexport of the onpload database.  Did the
dbimport, no errors reported.

Here's the problem.  HPL won't work.  All the devices in the onpload
are missing AND cannot be modified(?!).

Current theory we are investigating is that Informix modified the column
lay out of the onpload between versions.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Any suggestions?

Paul Storm

2. Keep (Recycle) Buffer Question

3. onpload/HPL migration from 7.23 to 7.3

4. stored procedure

5. Onpload (HPL) with Opaque Types and Pipes

6. Printing to a PDF

7. unloading with HPL and the 2 GB limit

8. Lotus Approach and VB 4

9. Unload database via HPL

11. HPL unloads on NT?

12. HPL.........Unloads..........