Trapping error inside stored procedure using ON EXCEPTION

Post by Roger Toma » Sun, 26 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Can someone tell me whats wrong with this procedure? It does'nt
>work and it won't recognize NULL in my IF statements!

>        IF name = NULL THEN
>           LET num = NULL;
>        ELSE

I'm a 5.01 user so I didn't even bother to look at the dbinfo stuff.
But, the IF statement should be:

         IF name IS NULL THEN

Roger Tomas
AG Communication Systems

Trapping error inside stored procedure using ON EXCEPTION

Post by Roger Toma » Sun, 26 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Can someone tell me whats wrong with this procedure? It does'nt
>work and it won't recognize NULL in my IF statements!

>        IF name = NULL THEN
>           LET num = NULL;
>        ELSE

I'm a 5.01 user so I didn't even bother to look at the dbinfo stuff.
But, the IF statement should be:

         IF name IS NULL THEN

Roger Tomas
AG Communication Systems

1. Trapping Informix Stored Procedure Exceptions

I have a VB program written to go against an Informix 7 DB Stored
Procedure which I force to raise an exception.  Using DAO, I get an
error raised on the client.  Using ADO, I don't get an error raised, but
get a valid recordset returned with no data.  Of course getting the
error raised is the right thing to do.  Can anyone tell me why ADO isn't
raising the error.  This will become a major issue if we decide to use
ADO for our project (which we are intending).

To be complete, I am using the InterSolv 3.10 client drivers and ADO 2.0
under VB6.

Thanks,
Paul Yurga

2. how can I upload a clipper file into MSsqlserver7.0

3. no math found in shared library path java/math/BigInteger

4. Exception Trapping in Stored Procedure

5. US-DE: Wilmington-Oracle DBA with Portal experience

6. Error Trapping - Can you trap a DTS Package error using SQLDMO running a job

7. SQL Server Software

8. How to exec a stored procedure inside another stored procedure

9. calling a stored procedure inside a stored procedure

10. Using stored procedures inside triggers

11. Executing a Stored Procedure from inside another using same param names

12. change the database being use inside a store procedure using a variable