IIUG Insider and (gasp) marketing??

Post by John Carlso » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:56:18

Just got my copy of the IIUG Insider . . . pretty good reading . . . .
congrats to Chris St. Aubin, by the way . . .

I noticed the discussions during the IIUG Board Meeting.  Saw
something about "IBM's 2004 plans for Informix marketing and the
marketing campaigns planned for the second half of 2003".

Did I miss something . . . ?  Marketing?

IIUG Insider and (gasp) marketing??

Post by chris.stau.. » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:24:36

Thank you John,

-Chris

AM

cc:
Subject:    IIUG Insider and (gasp) marketing??

Just got my copy of the IIUG Insider . . . pretty good reading . . . .
congrats to Chris St. Aubin, by the way . . .

I noticed the discussions during the IIUG Board Meeting.  Saw
something about "IBM's 2004 plans for Informix marketing and the
marketing campaigns planned for the second half of 2003".

 Did I miss something . . . ?  Marketing?

IIUG Insider and (gasp) marketing??

Post by moss.. » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:58:27

You have to understand IBM-speak, John.  In that language, "marketing" does
not necessarily (read: rarely) equate to "advertising".  In other words,
Infobahns and webcasts are considered "marketing".  I would be shocked to
see real "advertising" for Informix products.

:-(
Paul Mosser

Just got my copy of the IIUG Insider . . . pretty good reading . . . .
congrats to Chris St. Aubin, by the way . . .

I noticed the discussions during the IIUG Board Meeting.  Saw
something about "IBM's 2004 plans for Informix marketing and the
marketing campaigns planned for the second half of 2003".

 Did I miss something . . . ?  Marketing?

IIUG Insider and (gasp) marketing??

Post by John Carlso » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:59:12

Drats . . . . well , it was a good dream while it lasted . . . .which
wasn't very long . . . .8-)

>You have to understand IBM-speak, John.  In that language, "marketing" does
>not necessarily (read: rarely) equate to "advertising".  In other words,
>Infobahns and webcasts are considered "marketing".  I would be shocked to
>see real "advertising" for Informix products.

>:-(
>Paul Mosser

1. IIUG Insider #24 - Good Bye Glenn Jacobson, Scranton at IIUG.org, IDS 9.4

Friends of Informix, IIUG's latest bi-weekly e-newsletter, the Insider, has
published and is immediately available at
http://www.iiug.org/news/insider.html.

The contents include:

1) Glenn Jacobson, IIUG & Linux Leader - Obituary
2) IIUG to Host Mark Scranton's Web Site
3) Informix Local User Group's Upcoming Events
4) IDS 9.4 Ready for IIUG Member Download
5) Replaying IBM's IDS 9.4 Customer Webcast
6) IBM Software Symposium 2003 Coming to Munich, Germany
7) Using the IBM Informix XSLT and Web DataBlades
8) Useful Links

Please share this notification with friends and colleagues with an interest
in Informix technology.

Best regards,

Federico (Fred) Hubbard
IIUG General Manager
Mobile: (520) 400-2415

We Speak Informix
   www.IIUG.org

2. OpenROAD 3.0 and HPUX 10.20 Motif Y2K patch

3. IIUG Insider #11: IIUG.org News, Informix Successes,

4. DataCombo Control. Event Misfiring

5. IIUG Insider May 30: Issue #28

6. limit characters returned by a select statement

7. IIUG Insider (Issue #23)-ISQL

8. Pgadmin II

9. IIUG Insider #18 - Informix Tech Support #1, Nancy Profiled, New Gold Programs

10. IIUG Insider #13 - Forum 2002 Top 12, JG Perrin and Infobahns

11. IIUG Insider #15:

12. IIUG Insider #8 - August 23, 2002