Openlink 16 bit ODBC driver for Informix SE 6.0

Openlink 16 bit ODBC driver for Informix SE 6.0

Post by letchu.ma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

     Hi Gurus,
     I downloaded the OPENLINK driver from their ftp site today.  Our
     database is Informix SE 6.0 on AIX 3.2 and the clients are MS Windows
     3.1 and 3.11. There was no problem in the installation of the driver
     on both the client and server side.

     I tried using MS Query to open the database from the client side and
     it worked perfect i.e. I was able to run a simple query.

     I faced the problem when I use MS VB 4.0. Here I open the database and
     run the same simple query and I get the desired output but then the
     mouse is automatically disabled once the connection to the host is
     initiated. The only way I could enable the mouse was to exit windows
     and restart it again. Another problem which I faced is the logon dialog
     box is shown even if I provide the UID and the PWD in the connection
     string.

     Any help would be appreciated.

     Thanks and regards,
     letchu

     All opinions are my own and not those of my employer