ODBC - SE - AIX 5.1

Post by Murray Woo » Thu, 01 May 2003 10:25:37

Can you open the engine using dbaccess on the database server?
What version of SE was the database created using?

1. ODBC - SE - AIX 5.1

we are migrating to aix 5.1 and SE 7.25.UC5X1

when getting the odbc set up - using informix 3.34 drivers,
to be similar to current ( SE 7.24.UC8 )

I kept getting
"connection was NOT successful ... Database not found or no system permission"
when trying test connect on the odbc.

Everything set up correctly - services file, sqlhost etc.
Finally was able to get in, only if I used informix as the user,
or if I set the user to have their home directory in /usr/informix.

I spoke with IBM and they did not have any suggestions.
Any SE users on AIX 5.1 using ODBC ?
- thanks !

2. NEWERA - Project tree

3. SE on AIX 5.1

4. INSERT EXCEPTIONS

5. Informix-SE on Red Hat 5.1

6. After Insert Trigger

7. Using ORDER BY with UPDATE CURSORS (SE 5.1)

8. How to store and retrieve image (bitmap) in Access without Data Control

9. locking in 5.1 SE.

10. refreshing a cursor(SE 5.1)

11. Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1?

12. Failed compile PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on AIX 5.1