online 7.31.ud1 vs 7.31.fd1

Post by Gustavo Tobare » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:15:00

Hi,

        I have a Informix 7.31.UD1 running over solaris 8.  I run some
aplications and I get the total time to complete them.  Next, I install
7.31.FD1, recompile the aplication and take a new time.

        The application running over 7.31.UD1 run faster than running over
7.31.FD1.

        I'm evaluating to migrate my central server from UD1 to FD1
(technical support say with FD1 is more performant than UD1 running over
Solaris 8) but these "test" give me some doubts respect the "enhancement".

        Some one have experience with these versions? They are some specific
parameters to improve from one version to other?

        Thank's for any idea.

Gustavo Tobares
Administrador de Sistemas y  DBA
Centro de Computos - Red Megatone
TE: 0342-4500972 - Fax: 0342-4500940

sending to informix-list

online 7.31.ud1 vs 7.31.fd1

Post by Fernando Nune » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:25:44

> Hi,

>    I have a Informix 7.31.UD1 running over solaris 8.  I run some
> aplications and I get the total time to complete them.  Next, I install
> 7.31.FD1, recompile the aplication and take a new time.

>    The application running over 7.31.UD1 run faster than running over
> 7.31.FD1.

>    I'm evaluating to migrate my central server from UD1 to FD1
> (technical support say with FD1 is more performant than UD1 running over
> Solaris 8) but these "test" give me some doubts respect the "enhancement".

>    Some one have experience with these versions? They are some specific
> parameters to improve from one version to other?

The UD1/FD1 versions refer to what? Engine or 4GL?
If you're meaning IDS, did you maintained the configuration?

If you're meaning 4GL, how does it connect to the database? Shared
memory or TCP?

Regards

online 7.31.ud1 vs 7.31.fd1

Post by Gustavo Tobare » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:17:52

sorry, I forget to say witch I change everything (engine+4gl) from UD1 to
FD1.

I maintain the configuration for the engine, the 4gl is connected through
TCP.

Gustavo Tobares
Administrador de Sistemas y  DBA
Centro de Computos - Red Megatone
>    I have a Informix 7.31.UD1 running over solaris 8.  I run some
> aplications and I get the total time to complete them.  Next, I install
> 7.31.FD1, recompile the aplication and take a new time.

>    The application running over 7.31.UD1 run faster than running over
> 7.31.FD1.

>    I'm evaluating to migrate my central server from UD1 to FD1
> (technical support say with FD1 is more performant than UD1 running over
> Solaris 8) but these "test" give me some doubts respect the "enhancement".

>    Some one have experience with these versions? They are some specific
> parameters to improve from one version to other?

The UD1/FD1 versions refer to what? Engine or 4GL?
If you're meaning IDS, did you maintained the configuration?

If you're meaning 4GL, how does it connect to the database? Shared
memory or TCP?

Regards

sending to informix-list

1. Restoring 7.31.UC2XA to 7.31.FD4

Hi All

We're trying to restore a level 0 ontape archive from an HPUX 10.20
platform running 7.31.UC2XA to an HPUX 11i platform running 7.31.FD4.

The restore starts OK and the server comes up to fast recovery but
then after about 30 seconds it blocks on a checkpoint required :

Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.FD4     -- Fast Recovery (CKPT
REQ) -- Up 00:00:33 -- 81736 Kbytes
Blocked:CKPT

Eventually the ontape dies with a cannot fork process error which I'm
guessing is because it thinks IDS hasn't started up.

It has been suggested that it's not possible to restore an archive
from a 32bit platform to a 64bit platform but I would be a little
disappointed if I'm unable to restore between Informix servers running
the same release software (ie 7.31).

Can anyone offer any help ?

(PS : It would be helpful to me if you could copy replies to my email

Thanks in advance

Paul Barker
Senior Systems Engineer
Systems Engineering Group
Orange PCS Ltd

2. Class not registered - LooKing for object with CLSID {000...

3. Opinions on 7.31.UD1

4. (no subject)

5. Experiences with IDS 7.31.UD1 ?

6. Parallel Server Processing, Can it be done..??

7. 7.31.UD1

8. Question "batchmove" ADO RDS ACCESS

9. Problems joining a numeric(31,0) column with a varchar(31) column

10. Startup time for INF-ONLINE 7.31.UC2

11. IDS 7.31-UC5 NULL vs Garbage Displayed

12. What's difference between IDS 7.31.UC6AX7 and 7.31.FC7XE1 ?