INFORMIX SE Deployment environment

Post by Suchitra R » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hello Informix Friends,

We have an application developed in Informix SE 4.1 using E-SQL/C and
C-ISAM in the development environment. We also have the development
version of I-SQL.

I wanted to know if the Deployment machine can run with only the
following run time

        Informix SE Deployment
        Informix C-ISAM Deployment
        Informix E-SQL/C Deployment

What I mainly want to find out is if the Deployment machine should
have I-SQL also for the application to run.

Thanks in Advance

PSI Data Systems Ltd, 19 Primrose Road, BANGALORE - 560 025, INDIA

+----------------------Keep Smiling. Keep Shining---------------------+
:-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)

INFORMIX SE Deployment environment

Post by Jonathan Leffl » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

If you wish to use ACE reports, Perform screens, User Menus or SQL scripts,
you also need an ISQL runtime system, both legally and technically.  (If
you were using 5.x or later engines and only needed SQL scripts, you could
use DB-Access which comes with the engines and would not necessarily need
ISQL.)  Neither forms nor reports will work without the ISQL runtime
(deployment) system.

The only thing to watch for is that the runtime executable is called isqlrf
(runtime facility), not isql.  You could create yourself a link to give
yourself the normal name.

Yours,

}Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 10:51:17 GMT

}
}We have an application developed in Informix SE 4.1 using E-SQL/C and
}C-ISAM in the development environment. We also have the development
}version of I-SQL.
}
}I wanted to know if the Deployment machine can run with only the
}following run time
}
}       Informix SE Deployment
}       Informix C-ISAM Deployment
}       Informix E-SQL/C Deployment
}
}What I mainly want to find out is if the Deployment machine should
}have I-SQL also for the application to run.

INFORMIX SE Deployment environment

Post by Bobby Sukuma » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Not neccessarily, unless you want your users to run ad hoc queries against
their database, in which case a runtime version of ISQL might be appropriate.
Barring that, the runtime versions of ESQL/C and SE should do fine.

PS :- CISAM applications have no direct dependency on either SE or ESQL/C.

--
Bobby

| Informix Software Inc.  4100 Bohannon Drive, Menlo Park, California 94025 |

+------------------------standard-disclaimers-apply-------------------------+

| Hello Informix Friends,
|
| We have an application developed in Informix SE 4.1 using E-SQL/C and
| C-ISAM in the development environment. We also have the development
| version of I-SQL.
|
| I wanted to know if the Deployment machine can run with only the
| following run time
|
|       Informix SE Deployment
|       Informix C-ISAM Deployment
|       Informix E-SQL/C Deployment
|
| What I mainly want to find out is if the Deployment machine should
| have I-SQL also for the application to run.
|
| Thanks in Advance
|

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------
| PSI Data Systems Ltd, 19 Primrose Road, BANGALORE - 560 025, INDIA

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| +----------------------Keep Smiling. Keep Shining---------------------+
| :-)   :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)

1. Informix SE Deployment

Hello Informix Friends,

We have an application developed in Informix SE 4.1 using E-SQL/C and
C-ISAM in the development environment. We also have the development
version of I-SQL.

I wanted to know if the Deployment machine can run with only the
following run time

        Informix SE Deployment
        Informix C-ISAM Deployment
        Informix E-SQL/C Deployment

What I mainly want to find out is if the Deployment machine should
have I-SQL also for the application to run.

Thanks in Advance

PSI Data Systems Ltd, 19 Primrose Road, BANGALORE - 560 025, INDIA

+----------------------Keep Smiling. Keep Shining---------------------+
:-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)     :-)

2. converting MSAccess to PG with ConvertToPostgreSQL.mdb script of Seva Software

3. dbschema slower in Informix SE 7 than SE 5

4. corrupt file?

5. SE USERS: Will Informix support SE ??

6. Cant create local temporary table

7. Development Environment vs. Production Deployment

8. Linking to Comma Delimited Text File

9. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

10. OLAP environment wanted with inexpensive user deployment

11. INFORMIX ODBC 3.34 / MS-ACCESS / INFORMIX SE ( Solaris 7 )

12. Answer about DIFFERENCES BETWEEN INFORMIX-SE / INFORMIX-ONLINE

13. Client-server schema (INFORMIX NET + INFORMIX SE) provide access