dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

Post by Leon Pappadopoulo » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:01:31

Hi All

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Question: on Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.21.UC5 Solaris 2.8
...... ( a few blades
installed etc etc) ... Has anyone managed to successfuly dbexport a database
on this release..
and then successfully reimport it..... My dbexports just die.  no error
message in the online.log
or the dbexport.out... its just like the process dies a horrible death...

Does anyone know of any patches that fix this, or am I doing something silly

Thanx in advance

Leon

dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

Post by Paul Watso » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:37:42

Are you doing this on the same server with the same blades?  We
export our bladed' dbs and reimport without a problem, as long
as all the blades are in [correct] place.

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory

dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

Post by Leon Pappadopoulo » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:57:32

Yes. I only have one server with one database and all the blades are in that
db.
Its kinda weird. but the bug I heard abot was on NT.  TC4 I think was the
release with
the fix. Didn't know about in on unix tho... The things does not even
dbexport properly.
There isn't a huge amount of data in the db either.

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
www.oninit.com          #

1. Having "HAVING" problems with GROUP BY.

My query is quite complex, and it also not working properly! *g*
From 2 tables, I am selecting records grouped by player_id where a certain
number of conditions are met (ie: date_caught, etc.)
I need to perform 2 GROUP BYs.  1 to ensure that the SUM of the
actual_points is within a certain value, and the 2nd to ensure that each
player has at least 4 entries.

I am only choosing the top four, which isn't a problem for players with 4 or
more entries, but the group by is NOT working for players who have less than
4 entries.  It is NOT leaving out the players with 3 or less
entries......ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Here's the SQL (i've tried to snip it as much as I could....):

SELECT player_id , ROUND(SUM(actual_points)) as points FROM ( SELECT * FROM
(SELECT player_id
, actual_points
, row_number() OVER (PARTITION BY player_id ORDER BY actual_points desc)
rank
, date_caught
FROM (SELECT *
FROM (SELECT ce.entry_id
, ce.date_caught as date_caught
, ce.actual_points as actual_points
, ce.player_id as player_id
FROM fantasy_entries ce )
UNION
SELECT *
FROM( SELECT ce.entry_id
, ce.date_caught as date_caught
, ce.actual_points as actual_points
, players.player_id as player_id
FROM catch_entries ce, dogfish.players
WHERE ce.pin = players.pin )
)
)
WHERE rank < 5
AND player_id IN ( SELECT *
FROM (SELECT player_id
FROM fantasy_entries
UNION
SELECT *
FROM (SELECT player_id
FROM (SELECT pl.player_id as player_id
, ce.pin
FROM players pl
, catch_entries ce
WHERE pl.pin = ce.pin)
)
)
GROUP BY player_id HAVING COUNT(actual_points) = 4) /*(when this is '> 0',
it works okay, it just doesn't filter the players with more than 4
entries)*/
)
GROUP BY player_id HAVING SUM(actual_points) BETWEEN 0 AND 2800
ORDER BY points desc

Thanks in advance....I really appreciate any insight.  (I've been fighting
with this for a week!)
--
Joseph Ranseth - Webmaster
World Cup Fishing

2. HELP !!! Anyone who know how to extract CDX for VFP3

3. we r having this problem...can anybody help...

4. I need a FoxPro tutor in Barre, VT area.

5. ESQL problem...anyone else having problems with ESQL?

6. R83 DAT Drivers

7. I am having a problem with a hard disk drive or floppy disk drive

8. How to programmetically invoke SQL Query builder

9. SQLServer Performance : Still having problems

10. help!!! having problems upgrading 6.5 to 7.0

11. Attaching / Detaching in TRUE path having some problem.

12. Image storage and retrieval - still having problems!

13. Using SQL Server 1.1, EVC++, ADOCE 3.1 and having problems