UDR-Problem, shared libs

Post by root » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:52:02

Hello all,

I've problems with UDR and hope somebody can help me. I wrote a very
easy C-function which only returns "1" and tried to execute it in a
function from the database-server, exactly the
same way, which is described under:

http://www.informix.com/idn-secure/DataBlade/Library/so_load.htm#simple

But I've got the following error-message (in online.log):

The C Language Module</usr/lib/libmy_check.so> can't load
reason: Cannot find base symbol in library.
(-1): ERROR: Loading Module </usr/lib/libmy_check.so>

We are using an IDS 9.21 UC3 on a linux-box.
I would be very happy if somebody have a hint for me, thank you !

regards Adi

UDR-Problem, shared libs

Post by Sergey E. Volko » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:12:38

Adi,

Just add the following function in your source file:

char dummy()
{
  extern char _etext;
  return _etext;