What tables the database access most frequently

What tables the database access most frequently

Post by LuckeLuk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
   I want to know in Informix , what tables the database access most
frequently, what indexes access less/most frequently. Does someone already
has the SQLs or script to check this ?

Thanks

What tables the database access most frequently

Post by William Ric » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
>    I want to know in Informix , what tables the database access most
> frequently, what indexes access less/most frequently. Does someone
already
> has the SQLs or script to check this ?

> Thanks

I am not sure exactly what you want.

If I have a 10 GB table and do 20 sequential scans of it,
and I have a 5 GB table and I do 20 index looks ups on it, which was
accessed more frequently?

DATABASE sysmaster;

select * from sysptprof;

See if any of the info you are interested in is in that table.

I think TBLSPACE_STATS has to be on for this info to be populated.  It
also does not seem to report info on light scans or light appends.

Hope this helps,
Will

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

What tables the database access most frequently

Post by William Ric » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
>    I want to know in Informix , what tables the database access most
> frequently, what indexes access less/most frequently. Does someone
already
> has the SQLs or script to check this ?

> Thanks

I am not sure exactly what you want.

If I have a 10 GB table and do 20 sequential scans of it,
and I have a 5 GB table and I do 20 index looks ups on it, which was
accessed more frequently?

DATABASE sysmaster;

select * from sysptprof;

See if any of the info you are interested in is in that table.

I think TBLSPACE_STATS has to be on for this info to be populated.

Hope this helps,
Will

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. FW: What tables the database access most frequently

With IDS2000 -

database sysmaster;
select *
from sysptprof
order by (isreads / iswrites / isrewrites / ......) desc    ......your
choice

In this table you get the database name (dbsname) with the table name.  You
can play around with this.

Dirk

2. Newbie: how to know which table contains a specified field?

3. MS Access DB - Copy Table A from Database A to Table A Database B

4. Modeling Topology information

5. How to identify frequently used tables

6. ESQL problem

7. frequently deleted table

8. VB6 + Access 2000 + dates

9. compact your database frequently

10. comp.databases.sybase Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)