4GL Newbie seeks report help

Post by Cap Schwar » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am in the process of converting a number of ACE reports
to 4GL, and the very first one is giving me a hernia.
The compilation errors are all gone, but at runtime I get
two puzzling error messages, viz:

$ fglgo daysendrpts

FORMS statement error number -1328.
A temporary table needed for a report could not be created in
the selected database.  The user must have permission to
create tables in the selected database.
Program stopped at "daysendrpts.4gl", line number 53.
SQL statement error number -253.
Identifier too long - maximum length is 18.

The reason they are so puzzling to me is that, in the
first instance, I am running the program with dba privileges,
and there are no temp tables involved,
As for the second, I can find no name of anywhere near
18 characters in length.

TIA,
Cap
--

   / \  "When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move
  /   \  to limit it. That's what we did...last weekend."

Post by Tim Schaef » Fri, 30 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I am in the process of converting a number of ACE reports
>to 4GL, and the very first one is giving me a hernia.
>The compilation errors are all gone, but at runtime I get
>two puzzling error messages, viz:

>$ fglgo daysendrpts

>FORMS statement error number -1328.
>A temporary table needed for a report could not be created in
>the selected database.  The user must have permission to
>create tables in the selected database.
>Program stopped at "daysendrpts.4gl", line number 53.
>SQL statement error number -253.
>Identifier too long - maximum length is 18.

>The reason they are so puzzling to me is that, in the
>first instance, I am running the program with dba privileges,
>and there are no temp tables involved,
>As for the second, I can find no name of anywhere near
>18 characters in length.
>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

>TIA,
>Cap
>--

>   / \  "When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move
>  /   \  to limit it. That's what we did...last weekend."
> (_____)    --Wm. Clinton, sworn defender of the Constitution

Check the length of the CURSOR name...if it's too long you'll get this error...

--
                                     \\|//
                                     (O|O)

The Computer Business Company, Inc.       INXUTIL 2.0 is now absolutely FREE
--------------------------And now another Gump moment------------------------
Is there a "Mr Gump", Mrs. Gump?.......Whew...ah your mama sho does care
about your schoolin son, Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.......You don't say much do yah?...
... ... Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee!

1. Newbie seek help in script writing, HELP!!

Hi there,

I am a newly involved DBA with FileMaker Pro programming and run in into
the
following difficulties:
Considering I have  some transaction records, which are categorized by
different center on different dates.  Here's an example -

Transaction #001
Belonged Center:   101
Transaction Date:  1/1/99
Transaction Amount $100

Transaction #002
Belonged Center:  102
Transaction Date:  1/2/99
Transaction Amount $200

Transaction #003
Belonged Center:  103
Transaction Date:  1/4/99
Transaction Amount $290

so each day, there would be certain # of transaction records for each
center.  I would like to create a template which would display a weekly
summary of  total number of transaction for each center.   Is there a way
could group and count the total number of transaction for a particular
time
period (for example, 9/1/99 to 9/8/99)?

Thankx in advance!

Tiffany Yu
Systems Developer,  R&D
Servicio Uniteller Inc.

2. Article Summaries - Re: PRESS: Informix in the News

3. Newbie seeks help

4. Is Primary Index Necessarily Unique?

5. Newbie Seeks Help—Time-Sensitive

6. dbase for DOS / thinkpad 380ED

7. Newbie seeks help—Time Sensitive

8. Drag and drop cells in TStringList

9. Newbie seeking help on performance tuning - Oracle 7.3 Server, NT4, Dual PPro 180, 64Meg

10. Newbie seeks calculated member/cell help

11. Newbie seeks help....

12. Complete Newbie seeking help on SQL Server