Informix SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR needed

Informix SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR needed

Post by Darren Dayle » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

If interested in the following opening send your resume to

SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
SABRE Technology Solutuions seeks hands on Informix database administrator
with 5+ years experience needed to assist in the design and creation of a
multi-terabyte data warehouse. Candidate must possess excellent written and
*communications skills, able to communicate with management, user
communities and application developers.  Must be dedicated, self-starter,
team-oriented, possess good leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
BS in Computer Science, or related field, required, MS preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS:
? Minimum of 5 years relational database design and development experience
in a UNIX based environment, Informix XPS preferred
? Must have created more than one very large database, minimum of 25
gigabytes
? Previous experience with advanced database features, (e.g. parallel load,
data partitioning and parallel query)
? Database software installation/upgrades
? Participate in the selection and installation of high performance SMP/MPP
hardware servers
? Database tuning and query optimization
? Understanding, creation, debugging and optimization of complex SQL queries
? Must have a thorough understanding of the trade-off between model design,
database optimization/layout and hardware selection
? Ability to analyze/diagnose and solve problems
? Experience using case tools , ER/Win preferred
? Minimum of 5 years experience with decision support systems
? Knowledge of metadata concepts and benefits

1. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01814

  Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately

Meridian Technology Group is seeking Oracle DBA's with 3+ years direct
experience.  Experience with applications software installations,
configuration, maintenance, tuning, backup and recovery (more
Administration in nature).  Background with UNIX required. All Senior
Software Consultant positions are full-time/staff positions with
Meridian Technology Group.

.The location is Seattle, Washington.
.Compensation will be generous and commensurate with your experience.
.Little to no travel required, but must be willing to work and live in
the Seattle area.
.Projects are major in scope and exciting in nature.

Meridian Technology Group is a Technical Consulting organization that
has spent the last 6+ years specializing in the major Relational
Database Management and Object Oriented Systems, and related
development and administration tools.

We are a loyal employer, growing rapidly and in need of high quality
professionals who are interested in joining our team and working with
us and our clients throughout Washington, Oregon and California.

Our mission to our clients is to help ensure their success in their
critical IT projects.  Our mission to our employees is to ensure that
they stay on the cutting edge of IT.

The Seattle area is nestled in one of the most beautiful parts of the
country; less than an hours drive to year-round snow skiing and
Pacific Ocean beaches.

Despite a reputation for rain, we actually average similar annual
rainfall to most eastern cities, including New York, Baltimore and
Atlanta... but when it does rain, you can spend the afternoon at some
of the areas many bookstores or coffee houses.

The area is rich in reasons to relocate, for both IT careers and
families.

or... contact us at:
        Meridian Technology Group, Inc.
        7165 S.W. Fir Loop  #105
        Portland, Oregon  97223-8055
        Phone:  503-639-0816 or 800-755-1038
        Fax:    503-639-6836

Thank you.

`````````````````````````
Meridian Technology Group
    800-755-1038
    503-639-0816
Fax 503-639-6836

`````````````````````````

2. Cursor finds records in SQLPlus, but not in procedure

3. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01815

4. Upsize from Access 2000 Question

5. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01817

6. I-Star and Views: Problem resolved

7. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01815

8. Help! Secondary Index!

9. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01819

10. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01815

11. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01818

12. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01814

13. ::Senior Oracle Database Administrators needed immediately::Seattle, Washington dr01812