Invitation

Post by Jeffrey R. Shapir » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear Software Developer:

You may benefit knowing there is a powerful new software development
environment for Delphi database applications.

Your first question for using Ariel likely is,

"Can I build applications to support any datasource or database format?"

The good news is YES and frankly this is why we built this toolkit.

To our knowledge, no other product compares.

Using Ariel Development Environment (ADE) you are free to use
virtually any database. The ADE supports Nortech's Data Access Objects
SDK for Delphi. The Ariel DAO SDK is a comprehensive encapsulation
of the Microsoft DAO. The SDK includes full support for the Microsoft DAO
with numerous enhancements and new classes.

You can support Microsoft Access; dBase III, IV, and V; all versions of
Paradox; all versions of FoxPro; all versions of Excel and Lotus and Text.

With ODBC support through the Microsoft Jet Database Engine (Jet is the
database engine at the heart of Access) or Nortech's upcoming Ariel
ODBCFast(tm) you are fully empowered to code advanced Delphi applications
to access and manipulate data on server systems such as Oracle, SQL Server,
Sybase and more.

You enjoy high speed access to the core of database technology via a
sophisticated OO call level interface or at a higher level through the
Delphi VCL using data abstraction components and visual data aware
controls.

With these powers in your hands, we believe you and Ariel have the most
powerful database development environment available today.

The Ariel DAO SDK for Delphi:

ADE allows multiple database engines and data access technologies to be
supported and to co-exist in a Delphi application. Ariel completely
liberates
Delphi from its dependence on the BDE and Borland's IDAPI technology.
Now Delphi developers can work with any database engine. However, there
is no need or requirement to replace the BDE. Ariel allows you to build
database applications with or without the BDE.

Borland database developers that need to "hit" alternative engines and data
sources to the BDE have had major problems. Alternate routes have had to
be devised. Not only are these routes slow, they are also code heavy and a
costly means of accessing alternative data and information servers.
Further, Delphi developers are locked out of the lucrative Access database
development market enjoyed by users of Microsoft's development products
and programming languages. Access databases are now found on over
20 million desktops. An Access database will probably be on every Windows
desktop in the next two years.

Ariel solves all these problems and limitations for Delphi developers.

Also, Ariel...

*  is an open object oriented architecture extendable by third parties
(This means that you can sell your plug-in and visual components as an
Ariel Partner, or build necessary custom support to suit your client's
needs).

*  exposes all open call level or handle interfaces

*  fully supports the Delphi visual component architecture

*  ships with all necessary source code to allow a developer to expose or
link
a database engine, or any source of tabular or columnar data, as a plug-in
to the ADE.

*  ships with source code to build Ariel data access components and data
aware visual controls is also provided. (Templates for fast component
building included.)

*  ships with a complete set of visual (VCL) components and source code
(Q1-97)

If you're ready to enjoy the power of the ADE, Nortech is now shipping:

1 - The Ariel DAO SDK
     (available now)

2 - Ariel Advanced Development Environment
     (in final beta, shipping February 1997)

3 - Ariel "EEPs" Early Experience and Early Adopters Program
     (a few openings are still available)

4 - OLEdb and Remote and Intranet-Based Database Development tools
     (shipping in the first quarter of 1997)

Free technical support is still being offered now to registered Ariel
developers. Free one day seminars in advanced database development are
also included for all EEPs participants as well as all registered users
who purchase prior to February 15, 1997. This seminar is at least an $800
value. Classes are being held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Nortech accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and company checks.
Sorry no Purchase Orders or C.O.D. orders.

If you wish to purchase Ariel, please reply to this letter.

If you need a some specific questions answered before receiving Ariel,
please reply with your name, telephone number and the best time to call.
A consulting senior engineer will then call you (North America only).

Sincerely,

Jeffrey R. Shapiro
CEO

P.S.

If you or your company wish to use the ADE, you will find more details
on the Web, including the Ariel White Paper, Ariel FAQs, Ariel Press
Releases, documentation and additional contact information.

http://www.wizzkids.com/ariel.html is a good place to start.

Also the CompuServe Delphi forums and discussion groups are attended by
Nortech's top engineers who will answer your detailed questions.

Otherwise please reply to this message. Thank you.

Invitation

Post by Alan Denn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Dear Software Developer:

>Your first question for using Ariel likely is,

>"Can I build applications to support any datasource or database format?"

No, my *first* question is,
"Why in the hell are you posting this in the Informix group when Informix is
 not one of the supported DBMSes?"

My second question therefore becomes:
"Do you put the same integrity and concern for detail into your product that
 you do into you netspam adverti*ts?"

Quote:>You can support Microsoft Access; dBase III, IV, and V; all versions of

--

"Fall not in love; it will stick to your face."    -- Deteriorata

Invitation

Post by Nils Myklebu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For the benefit of Delphi users that also use Informix databases:

Well, it's a spam allright, but they do support Informix databases
through ODBC. This would have been fine if they haden't used DAO and
the Jet Engine for the purpose. This leads to very slow access unless
they are able to use ODBCdirect which bypass the JetEngine.
The current way of implementing ODBC connectivity via Microsoft based
products is to use RDO. Microsoft is however in the process of
changing all database access over to something they call ADO (ActiveX
Database Objects i think). The alternative is to call the ODBC API
directly. Someone who claims to have client/server products for MS
Windows will have to adress these things. If they don't I would be
*very* carefull using their products.

PS: If you don't know what DAO, RDO and/or ADO is check out the
Microsoft web site. (You may want to search for these acronyms.)

:>Dear Software Developer:
:>
:
:No, my *first* question is,
:"Why in the hell are you posting this in the Informix group when Informix is
: not one of the supported DBMSes?"
:
:My second question therefore becomes:
:"Do you put the same integrity and concern for detail into your product that
: you do into you netspam adverti*ts?"
:
:>You can support Microsoft Access; dBase III, IV, and V; all versions of
:>Paradox; all versions of FoxPro; all versions of Excel and Lotus and Text.
:
:
:
:--

:
:"Fall not in love; it will stick to your face."    -- Deteriorata
:

NM Data AS, P.O.Box 9090 Gronland, N-0133 Oslo, Norway
My opinions are those of my company
The Informix FAQ is at http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. The invitation to cooperation in IT branch

To whom it may concern:

      "US-CIS Bridge Inc." is seeking partners in computer industry.
Our company develops software in former soviet republics using
domestic programmers. Due to the small market opportunities in
such countries, our force does not have enough workload.
      We can use such resource to help others with their projects,
even projects with tight deadlines. We have hundreds of people
at our disposal right now and number may increase, if necessary.
       All our developers are highly qualified professionals in various
software development areas.

    We are offering you an opportunity to help us to find projects
for us.

        We are willing to discuss your commissions on individual basis.

Julia Mullens  - USA

Vladimir Yefremov  - Ukraine

2. Sqldriverconnect . can it pass it connection to JET?

3. Invitation

4. OAS Web Page

5. Replicating without an invitation?

6. SQL Stress test

7. Invitation to Attend: TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE CONFERENCE

8. Betreft: New features in 2.7

9. Some Solaris notes, and an invitation

10. pgaccess.org - invitation for a working meeting

11. Some Solaris notes, and an invitation

12. Invitation -- TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE (TCS2001) Conference -- Keynote Speakers