Creating a group

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 02:38:48

> When creating a group using the syntax

> groupadd informix

> or

> groupadd -g xxx -o informix

> I get this error:  Group 'informix' not unique

Chances are, this means that there already is a group informix.

Quote:> As per informix there needs to be a user and a group with the name of
> informix for the install.  I am using HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800
> attempting to install Informix 7.3 UC5.  Can somebody help me with
> this error message?

> I already have a user by the name informix and I believe that
> shouldn't matter.  Please advise.  Thanks.

On Linux, when you use useradd to add a user 'username', you typically
get a group 'username' created at the same time.  Has this happened for
you?

--
Yours,

Guardian of DBD::Informix v1.00.PC1 -- http://www.perl.com/CPAN
     "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!"

Creating a group

Post by Abraham Oomme » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 04:44:18

You are right.? It was referencing a NIS server which had an informix
user/group already.? Apprently in hp-ux it doesn't create a group that
matches the username.? It would typically place it in the users group.

Thanks for you comment.

> > When creating a group using the syntax

> > groupadd informix

> > or

> > groupadd -g xxx -o informix

> > I get this error:? Group 'informix' not unique

> Chances are, this means that there already is a group informix.

> > As per informix there needs to be a user and a group with the name of
> > informix for the install.? I am using HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800
> > attempting to install Informix 7.3 UC5.? Can somebody help me with
> > this error message?

> > I already have a user by the name informix and I believe that
> > shouldn't matter.? Please advise.? Thanks.

> On Linux, when you use useradd to add a user 'username', you typically
> get a group 'username' created at the same time.? Has this happened for
> you?

> --
> Yours,

> Guardian of DBD::Informix v1.00.PC1 -- http://www.perl.com/CPAN
> ???? "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!"

  aoommen.vcf
< 1K Download