Cluster for IDS 9.40

Post by Marino Decar » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:02:58

Hi all,

We have two Unix machines: machine 1 and machine 2.

We want to put them in cluster.

Is it possible make them work together with the informix IDS 9.40 in order
to use their cpus in parallel?

We want the two machines working together on the DB.

How should Informix be installed to be alive not depending on which machine
is working ?

Ciao.
Marino Decaro

Cluster for IDS 9.40

Post by Art S. Kage » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:04:03

Informix does NOT share disks between instances.  No version.

IDS 8.xx can create a distributed database (or even a distributed table)
across machines in a cluster or even a WAN which will appear to be a
single unified database.  However, IDS 8 uses a shared nothing technology
which does not share disks between the cluster members.

Art S. Kagel

Quote:> Hi all,

> We have two Unix machines: machine 1 and machine 2.

> We want to put them in cluster.

> Is it possible make them work together with the informix IDS 9.40 in
> order to use their cpus in parallel?

> We want the two machines working together on the DB.

> How should Informix be installed to be alive not depending on which
> machine is working ?

> Ciao.
> Marino Decaro

1. IDS 9.40 UC1 for Linux

We've ordered this for a client but, afetr the mandatory
two-and-half-week wait, the CD that has arrived is blank!

We have the licences now, so only need the software.  But IBM
can't/won't deliver the software electronically, we have to wait for a
replacement CD.

Does anyone have the software available for download?

thanks
Neil

2. Event Id : 17055 source : MSSQLServer

3. Error -999 with IDS 9.40

4. Programming a Front-end......

5. Onbar failing on IDS 9.40

6. Damaged Access-Database? We can help!

7. help newbie

8. Installing Informix 9.4 IDS on AIX Bombed out with this error

9. IDS 9.4 and Solaris 8

10. White paper (cheat sheet) for installing IDS 9.3 / 9.4 onto RH9

11. IDS 9.4 with J/Foundation

12. Silent Installation of IDS 9.4 on W2K, Unix and Linux