What does DIRECTIVES ONCONFIG parameter mean?

What does DIRECTIVES ONCONFIG parameter mean?

Post by Mister Creosot » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can anybody shed some light on the usage and meaning of the $ONCONFIG
parameter DIRECTIVES. As can be seen from the following extract, it
would appear to have been changed from 0 to 1. However, the $ONCONFIG
file itself has a zero within it. I am guessing the engine has
overridden this value but am intrigued as to its use, as we have
recently been getting strange date format results.

Regards

17:55:22  Quiescent Mode
17:55:26  Informix Dynamic Server Stopped.
17:55:30  Segment locked: addr=0x82000000, size=50331648

Mon Apr 17 17:55:32 2000

17:55:32  Event alarms enabled.  ALARMPROG
= '/usr/informix/log_full_tms.sh'
17:55:37  DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off)
/
17:55:37  Requested shared memory segment size rounded from 484KB to
4096KB
17:55:37  Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC2   Software Serial
Number AAC#
J751945
17:55:37  Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory
Initialized.
17:55:37  Physical Recovery Started.
17:55:37  Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored.
17:55:37  Logical Recovery Started.
17:55:40  Logical Recovery Complete.
    0 Committed, 0 Rolled Back, 0 Open, 0 Bad Locks

17:55:41  Onconfig parameter DIRECTIVES modified from 0 to 1.
                             ^^^^^^^^^^
17:55:41  Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces
17:55:41  Quiescent Mode
17:55:41  Checkpoint Completed:  duration was 0 seconds.

Mr Creosote

--
"Just a waffer thin mint?"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

What does DIRECTIVES ONCONFIG parameter mean?

Post by Yuri Dovgar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Can anybody shed some light on the usage and meaning of the $ONCONFIG
> parameter DIRECTIVES. As can be seen from the following extract, it
> would appear to have been changed from 0 to 1. However, the $ONCONFIG
> file itself has a zero within it. I am guessing the engine has
> overridden this value but am intrigued as to its use, as we have
> recently been getting strange date format results.

ONCONFIG param DIRECTIVES turns on or off usage of optimizer directives.
With DIRECTIVES set to 1 you can rule the optimizer with directives. In
other case plans will be generated according to the cost estimates.

With best regards, Yuri Dovgart
SAP R/3, Informix technical consultant,
Informix Certified Professional,
Senior System Consultant
System Architecture and High Availability Systems,
'Telecominvest' company

ICQ 39284285

Quote:

> Regards

> 17:55:22  Quiescent Mode
> 17:55:26  Informix Dynamic Server Stopped.
> 17:55:30  Segment locked: addr=0x82000000, size=50331648

> Mon Apr 17 17:55:32 2000

> 17:55:32  Event alarms enabled.  ALARMPROG
> = '/usr/informix/log_full_tms.sh'
> 17:55:37  DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off)
> /
> 17:55:37  Requested shared memory segment size rounded from 484KB to
> 4096KB
> 17:55:37  Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC2   Software Serial
> Number AAC#
> J751945
> 17:55:37  Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory
> Initialized.
> 17:55:37  Physical Recovery Started.
> 17:55:37  Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored.
> 17:55:37  Logical Recovery Started.
> 17:55:40  Logical Recovery Complete.
>     0 Committed, 0 Rolled Back, 0 Open, 0 Bad Locks

> 17:55:41  Onconfig parameter DIRECTIVES modified from 0 to 1.
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^
> 17:55:41  Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces
> 17:55:41  Quiescent Mode
> 17:55:41  Checkpoint Completed:  duration was 0 seconds.

> Mr Creosote

> --
> "Just a waffer thin mint?"

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. SCO Kernel Parameters and Onconfig parameters

I am currently setting up an instance of IDS 7.3 workgroup on a SCO 5.05
platform. We will probably have at most 25 users connected to a transaction
logged database. I am looking for a good reference for proper kernel and
Onconfig settings for a setup like this. The server that I will use will
have a minimum of 1 gig of ram and a single one gigahertz processor. I have
some kernel settings that a former employee where I work had obtained. I
don't know where he got these parameters from and I don't know if they are
correct.

I also want to make sure that I am setting up some of the parameters in
Onconfig correctly. I have gotten several instances up and running, but have
not tested them under a heavy user load.

2. how do i backup ALL of my sql6.5 data ?

3. onconfig parameters

4. FP DOS 2.5 / WIN 95 Print Weirdness

5. Explanation of a Select result set

6. Onconfig parameters tuning

7. 2 unlinked tables in one crystal report 4.6 ????

8. ONCONFIG parameters

9. Onconfig parameter

10. FW: 3 onconfig parameter questions, help

11. Strange ONCONFIG parameter situation....