Entity Relationship Diagrammer

Post by Thomas Steve » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 12:32:42

>Is anyone using a 'good' entity relationship diagrammer?

>We have to reverse engineer 'table' relationship's.
>Then go forward with the 'diagrammer'.

>Thanks in advance.....   John E. Weimer (615)870-8464

>We are using SCO Unix Informix SE. Could also use a PC
>Package if necessary.

I have found ERWin/ERX (from LogicWorks) to be adequate.  It has a neat
reverse-engineering feature that works quite well (if your schema
include primary and foreign key declarations) to generate IDEF1X
editable diagrams.  Handles Informix, Oracle, SyBase, SQLServer, others
I can't remeber right now.  Runs under MS Windows.
-TWS

1. Entity Relationship Diagrammer

<deletia>

Be careful with ERwin/ERX.  We have been using it for diagramming the changes
that the programmers have been making to the database.  If they add/delete a FK,
the import will not pick it up.  In other words, existing diagrams will not
reflect relationship changes between tables.  Logicworks confirms this.  So, I
am going to be looking at S-Designer, based on a couple of earlier messages, to
see if it will pick up relationship (?) changes from the database and propagate
them to the model.

Version info: ERwin/ERX for Powerbuilder v2.0;  Informix 6.0.

Don Boothby              (317)232-4602

2. SQL Server 7 Trigger Question

3. database diagrammer not displaying diagrammer

4. Moving SQL *DTS* Packages - Any Ideas?

5. How to map big entity relationship models

6. Replication under MSSQL7

7. Entity Relationship Diagram help

8. Ado, Enum and Unary operator

9. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM DRAWING TOOL

10. ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

11. Entity Relationship diagrams (IDEF1X)

12. Entity Relationship tools - Anyone have a favorite?