Informix Online on SCO, getting 668 error when running ESQL prog from Stored Proc

Informix Online on SCO, getting 668 error when running ESQL prog from Stored Proc

Post by Larr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Seems to run regular unix commands fine, and even the ESQL programs
occasionally, but no consistantly. Verified that it isn't a path or
username/password problem. Any help appreicated.

Thanks

Larry

1. Error -668 on running system calls on NT

Hi,

we're running IDS 7.20 on NT 4.0 SP3.

Out of a stored procedure I try to run a system call.
I.e.
create procedure test ()
SYSTEM 'C:\WINNT\notepad.exe';
end procedure;

executing the procedures gives me the error message
-668 System command cannot be executed

In %INFORMIXDIR%\online.log I see the error
System() command in stored procedure
failed.User:informix,Command:C:\WINNT\notepad.exe. Win32 Error :The
client doesn't have a needed privileg.

I granted any rights with
"grant execute on test to public;"

I'm logged in as informix.

Thank you in advance
Oliver Thinnes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Setting up a multiple table database

3. Informix error 668

4. Help! 1 Access user = 15+ on SQL server???

5. Stored procedures and error message 668

6. INFORMIX 7.X POSITIONS!!! BAY AREA, DENVER, SAN DIEGO, DALLAS

7. Help! Running Informix Online on SCO

8. (PDXJOBS) Oracle Java Developer RBA112

9. Anyone... SQLCODE=-668, ISAM error=-1

10. Error 668: System command cannot be executed

11. -668 error

12. Clipper 5.01: Unrecoverable error 668