Informix "Hands Free"?

Post by Julie Jum » Fri, 04 Mar 1994 21:32:37

Can anyone out there give me ideas about how I can make
an Informix DB run virtually "hand free".  I am looking for
things you might have done to automate the maintenance process.

We have automated, to some degree, our daily archiving.  What
other things should we be looking at?  Our db will be mostly
accessed through a front end we've implemented in ESQL-C.
The only support for this system is to be an operator with
some UNIX background.  I've attended the Online Admin and
Managing and Optimizing Class' and the way the instructors
talked, this system would need a DBA to support it because
there are virtually no automated tools.  Can we get away
with automating some of the maintenance?