Views about Propogating changes and additions to external DB

Views about Propogating changes and additions to external DB

Post by Jay Sing » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have an informix database running on HP-UX. I have created a table in
one of my databases. I also have a similar table setup on SQL Server
7.0 running on Windows NT 4.0.

I would like to prpogate any transaction made against the informix
database table to the SQL Server database table. In other words, if a
record is added to the Informix table, that same record should also get
added to the table in the SQL Server 7.0 database table. Same would
apply for any change or modification.

I can achieve the same result the other way, i.e. SQL Server 7.0 to
Informix, but I am at a loss as to how to go about doing it from
Informix to SQL Server 7.0.

Any thoughts or opinions would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Join two views - Addition details

There are more details.

Total_VW contain branch,year and month sales information.
Sth like:
BranchID ,Year,Month
1,1999,1
1,1999,2
1,1999,3
1,1999,4
1,1999,5

..

MonSales_Report_VW contains  summed month sales amount based on branch.
BranchID ,Year,Month,Sales
1,1999,1,30
1,1999,2,10

MonRefund_Report_VW contaisn  summed monther refund amount based on branch.
1,1999,3,5
1,1999,5,6

Now I am trying to do following:

BranchID ,Year,Month,Sales,Refund
1,1999,1,30,0
1,1999,2,10,0
1,1999,3,0,5
1,1999,4,0,0
1,1999,5,0,6

select top 10  a.*,m.MonSale,n.MonRefund from
Total_VW a,
(select Sales as MonSale,BranchID,IssueYear,IssueMonth from
MonSales_Report_VW) m,
(select Sales as MonRefund,BranchID,IssueYear,IssueMonth from
MonRefund_Report_VW) n
Where
a.BranchID *= m.BranchID and a.IssueYear=m.IssueYear and a.IssueMonth =
m.IssueMonth
AND
a.BranchID *= n.BranchID and a.IssueYear=n.IssueYear and a.IssueMonth =
n.IssueMonth
order by a.IssueYear desc,a.IssueMonth desc,a.BranchID desc

Error:
Server: Msg 303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The table '' is an inner member of an outer-join clause. This is not allowed
if the table also participates in a regular join clause.

Thanks for any hints.

David

2. Convert Vis FoxPro data to dbase3 (Clipper)

3. Views are changed to tables after transfering from Oracle DB to MS SQL via DTS

4. What is Explanation for DTC Error Messages?

5. Design view changes T-SQL syntax of a view

6. Which grid control with DAO?

7. Immediately view changed data of SQL server 2000 after other user change it

8. "Doesn't satisfy criteria" error on Access update of updateable view with INSTEAD OF trigger

9. Create View Help - change column data type from Money(16,2) to FLOAT in the view

10. Stopping error from propogating

11. Merge Repl-Cannot propogate Schema script

12. Stopping error from propogating

13. DB2 Stored procedure doesnt propogate transaction log full error