Help: Win NT Internal Error 2140 when agent service

Help: Win NT Internal Error 2140 when agent service

Post by Billy Wheele » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Getting a bit of grief with OnLine Workstation V7.12 TC1 on
> a WinNT V4.0  backup domain controller at startup time,
> with the result that none of the GUI tools will talk to the DBMS.

<SARCASM>
Really?? Fancy that!! And there's NT being such a good choice for a
DB server...
</SARCASM>

Anyway, we came across a very similar problem on NT 3.51 where the
machine was a backup domain controller (oddly enough), and it
transpired that for some reason, Informix was getting the wrong IP
address for the server.

As a test, try running ilogin (on the client) and while it's
starting, run a netstat -a (on the client) and see where it's trying
to connect.

As I recall, you have to hardwire an IP address somewhere, I can't
remember where. If your knowledge of NT is as bad as mine, let me
know & I'll try and get the info for you.

HTH.

--
Ciao,
Billy

Nose to the ground and ear to the grindstone in: Kuwait City

Help fight crime in South Africa: http://www.robkaplan.org.za/

Help: Win NT Internal Error 2140 when agent service

Post by Ozlem Atma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

}
} Hi y'all --
}
} Getting a bit of grief with OnLine Workstation V7.12 TC1 on
} a WinNT V4.0  backup domain controller at startup time,
} with the result that none of the GUI tools will talk to the DBMS.
}
} The other services start fine, but attempting to start the OnLine agent
} service from the control panel "services" applet generates the error
} "Windows NT internal error 2140."
}
} As yet, the Informix installation support folks have been unable to
} pinpoint the cause, a workaround or the fix, and a bug report's
} been shot to engineering.
}
} In the meantime, have any'a 'ya groofy guys/gals/units seen and/or
} fixed it?
}
} Jay

I have seen error message -2140 before. It says that Serial# and Key is
not valid. I didn't care this message since at the installation process
I didn't get any errors belong to that one. But when I installed the
product with its original serial# and key problem is solved. I hope that
this is similar to your case...

:)
--
Ozlem Atmaca                         Tel: +90 216 3275003
Technical Support Engineer           Fax: +90 216 3264882

1. Could not start the MSSQLServer service error 2140 internal Windows NT

I'm doing some transfer work between two ODBC databases using a third
party utility called KitchenSynch.  It was working but was very slow.  I
increased physical memory from 32MB to 128MB and it was slightly better
but not much.  Then I  increased server config options memory from 16000
or so to 50000.  Still not a lot better.  I noticed that the box beside
the 50000 showing the amount available was very large, like 1,004,000,
and thinking that I was off a decimal place, I increased memory to
500,000.  Then I stopped services on MSSQLServer and SQLServerExecutive
and tried to restart services.  Even after rebooting several times, all
I get is the message I've written in the subject line.  Any ideas
appreciated

2. Multiple databases or schemas

3. Error 2140 : an internal Windows NT error occured

4. Install Fails -- PLEASE HELP

5. error 2140 internal windows Nt error when trying to start OracleOraHomeManagementServer serice

6. Invalid Table in Report Using Query

7. Sql Server 6.5 NT4 Internal NT Error 2140

8. Triggers again

9. HELP : Internal error 2140

10. NT error 2140 when starting TNSListener80 service

11. Error 2140 with sql agent

12. Error 2140 When Trying to start SQLServer Agent

13. Error 2140: When trying to start SMS Client Service