Online, Online, Online

Post by Lintel Softwar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear readers, we have a program that extracts articles about Informix OnLine
from this newsgroup.  It works by identifying the keyword 'OnLine' from the
subject heading.  It works well but I have noticed that some pertinent articles
are not being extracted due to the absence of the keyword OnLine in the
subject heading.  Therefore would you oblige by including the keyword
'OnLine' in the subject heading of any article that concerns Informix-OnLine.

On another point I read an article that suggested that Informix Software is the
company to go to for Informix training. Well in my opinion our Informix
training courses are probably the best in the world; refer to our Web page
http://www.lintel.demon.co.uk/lintel.html
--
Lintel Software

Online, Online, Online

Post by Billy Wheele » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Dear readers, we have a program that extracts articles about
> Informix OnLine from this newsgroup.  It works by identifying the
> keyword 'OnLine' from the subject heading.  It works well but I have
> noticed that some pertinent articles are not being extracted due to
> the absence of the keyword OnLine in the subject heading.  Therefore
> would you oblige by including the keyword 'OnLine' in the subject
> heading of any article that concerns Informix-OnLine.

Goodness, gracious. Anything else we can do for you? Would you like a
cup of coffee, while I'm up? Or perhaps you could just search the
message body as well?

Quote:> On another point I read an article that suggested that Informix
> Software is the company to go to for Informix training. Well in my
> opinion our Informix training courses are probably the best in the
> world; refer to our Web page

Such humility is deeply touching. Are you an ex-Oracle employee?

Quote:> http://www.lintel.demon.co.uk/lintel.html -- Lintel Software

Well, I tried, but your site isn't registered with my DNS server, so
perhaps you might care to do that? Until then I'm afraid I won't just
be able to take your statement at face value.

--
Ciao,

Billy

I'd be in favour of apathy, but I just couldn't be bothered...

Online, Online, Online

Post by Kevin P » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

thank you for that much needed rebuttal. i wanted to reply but i didn't
know if my speling was gud enuf.
--

Online, Online, Online

Post by Joe Lumbl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

:Dear readers, we have a program that extracts articles about Informix OnLine
:from this newsgroup.  It works by identifying the keyword 'OnLine' from the
:subject heading.  It works well but I have noticed that some pertinent articles
:are not being extracted due to the absence of the keyword OnLine in the
:subject heading.  Therefore would you oblige by including the keyword
:'OnLine' in the subject heading of any article that concerns Informix-OnLine.

Dear Lintel,

I have a USENET filter that extracts certain articles for special file 13
treatment, but I have noticed that your postings are not being killfiled
because they do not contain the words "egocentric" or the phrase "the whole
damn world revolves around me"   ....blah blah blah....somebody else complete
the flame.

Online, Online, Online

Post by Mario Estra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

:Dear readers, we have a program that extracts articles about Informix OnLine
:from this newsgroup.  It works by identifying the keyword 'OnLine' from the
:subject heading.  It works well but I have noticed that some pertinent articles
:are not being extracted due to the absence of the keyword OnLine in the
:subject heading.  Therefore would you oblige by including the keyword
:'OnLine' in the subject heading of any article that concerns Informix-

I really do not think this guys were serious about it. Maybe they were
just kidding :=), that could be the only way to explain it, ha, ha ,ha

     Mario Estrada      / SISTECO, S.A.
     Depto.Soporte     / Guatemala, C.A.
     de INFORMIX     /  PHONE (502) 3340214
                      /   FAX ( 502) 3348447

Online, Online, Online

Post by Billy Wheele » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

[Ridiculous request snipped]

Quote:> I really do not think this guys were serious about it. Maybe they
> were just kidding :=), that could be the only way to explain it, ha,
> ha ,ha

Ha, ha, ha. No, I'm afraid they look to be a very serious bunch -
certainly no signs of a sense of humour on their web page. :)

--
Ciao,

Billy

I'd be in favour of apathy, but I just couldn't be bothered...

1. SQL discussion list and FAQ, SMS discussion list, online articles, online books (free)

Hi Everyone!

- SQL Server discussion list:
    http://www.swynk.com/maillist.asp
- OLE DB discussion list
    http://www.swynk.com/maillist.asp
- Microsoft SMS Discussion list
    http://www.swynk.com/maillist.asp

- Microsoft SQL Server HOME
    Featuring complete online books for review.
    (including Que's "Special Edition Using SQL Server 6.5
    Second Edition" by agreement with Que)
    http://www.swynk.com/sql.asp

- Library -- the library is OPEN!
    http://www.swynk.com/reading.asp
    Currently online:
        - SE Using SQL Server 6.5 2nd Edition
        - SE Using SMS 1.2
        - Running a Perfect Web Site 2nd Edition
        - The BackOffice Intranet Kit

- SQL Server FAQ:
     http://www.swynk.com/mssqlfaq.asp

- SQL Server WorldWide User's Group:
    http://www.swynk.com/sswug
        Includes consultants listing (add your name free!)
        and user's group signup/charter/bylaws.

- SQL Server links, articles, online chapters, etc.:
    http://www.swynk.com

The site also includes many different "lessons learned" articles,
talking about real-life experiences working with SQL server in their
entirety.  *If you have a link to add or suggest, please email me and let me
know.  Suggestions, comments always welcome.

SW

http://www.swynk.com, Maintainer, SQL Server FAQ

2. TDS errors on a cluster sql server

3. SQL Server FAQ, online articles, online books (free)

4. applet error

5. SQL discussion list and FAQ, SMS discussion list, online articles, online books (free)

6. Insert Query doesn't work on a dataSet/DataAdapter.

7. Here: FAQ, discussion list, online articles, online books...

8. Workflow 2.6 on Solaris 2.6 and 8.1.7 Database

9. SQL Books online, faq, list server, online discussions, FREE

10. FREE ONLINE KIT FREE ONLINE KIT

11. Online backup: Backup online redologs?

12. Upgrade of ONLINE 5.04 to ONLINE 5.11