IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

Post by Frank Van de Heynin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear reader,

when I try to startup the database I get following message :
"Cannot find message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG".

I sure that INFORMIXDIR is set ok.
For DBLANG I have tryed a lot of options but I get always that same message.

Thanks for your advice.
Frank

IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

Post by Sean Kelse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Not knowing much about this problem but...

have you checked the ONCONFIG file setting for the MSGPATH ?

Has the engine been working fine up until now ??

Quote:>Dear reader,

>when I try to startup the database I get following message :
>"Cannot find message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG".

>I sure that INFORMIXDIR is set ok.
>For DBLANG I have tryed a lot of options but I get always that same
message.

>Thanks for your advice.
>Frank

IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

Post by Frank Van de Heynin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks for your reponse but it was'nt the solution. MSGPATH indicates the
messageLOG.

>Not knowing much about this problem but...

>have you checked the ONCONFIG file setting for the MSGPATH ?

>Has the engine been working fine up until now ??

>>Dear reader,

>>when I try to startup the database I get following message :
>>"Cannot find message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG".

>>I sure that INFORMIXDIR is set ok.
>>For DBLANG I have tryed a lot of options but I get always that same
>message.

>>Thanks for your advice.
>>Frank

IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

> Dear reader,

> when I try to startup the database I get following message :
> "Cannot find message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG".

> I sure that INFORMIXDIR is set ok.
> For DBLANG I have tryed a lot of options but I get always that same message.

Did you recently install some tool such as 4GL, ESQL/C, ISQL?  These
MUST be installed BEFORE the engine in all versions prior to 7.30 if
the version numbers are the same as or higher than the engine and EVEN
in 7.30 if the version numbers are lower than the engine.

If you have done such an install re-install the IDS tape/CD and rerun
the installation script.  It looks to me like the tool you installed
has overwritten the message files with older version that are missing
some essential message the engine needs to come online.

Art S. Kagel

IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.

Post by Frank Van de Heynin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have niw reinstalled Informix Dynamic Server and it works.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Frank V d Heyning

>> Dear reader,

>> when I try to startup the database I get following message :
>> "Cannot find message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG".

>> I sure that INFORMIXDIR is set ok.
>> For DBLANG I have tryed a lot of options but I get always that same
message.

>Did you recently install some tool such as 4GL, ESQL/C, ISQL?  These
>MUST be installed BEFORE the engine in all versions prior to 7.30 if
>the version numbers are the same as or higher than the engine and EVEN
>in 7.30 if the version numbers are lower than the engine.

>If you have done such an install re-install the IDS tape/CD and rerun
>the installation script.  It looks to me like the tool you installed
>has overwritten the message files with older version that are missing
>some essential message the engine needs to come online.

>Art S. Kagel

1. Help: Cannot find input table or query (ODBC 3078)/ Unbuffered Informix 7.24

When our Visual Basic application sends a SQL-statement to the database
(using DAO 2.5) and the Informix database is in unbuffered-mode
(transaction-logging) the ODBC error "(3078), Cannot find input table or
query" occurs.

This error only occurs when the database is loaded in an unbuffered mode
(transaction log is on).

Do you recognize this problem,
do you have a solution or a workaround,
please let us know.!

Michel Stroom

Setup environment:
Client Windows 3.11/95
           Visual basic 4.0 (16-bits)
           DAO 2.5
           ODBC Intersolv CLI 2.5 WC3
Server Unix
           Database Informix 7.24 UC2

2. Randomly ordering recordsets

3. Network Installation of VB Applicatiion

4. Cannot find input table or query (ODBC 3078)/ Unbuffered Informix 7.24

5. rowsets as proc input arg

6. Cannot find table or query (ODBC 3078)/ Unbufferd Informix 7.24

7. How do you create database tables?

8. Help: Cannot find input table or query (ODBC 3078)/ Unbuffered Informix 7.24

9. Cannot find table or query (ODBC 3078)/ Unbufferd Informix 7.24

10. se 7.24 uc5 with redhat 6.1

11. Informix On-Line 7.24 UC5 Shared Memory Error.