Informix SQL statements within JavaScript functions

Informix SQL statements within JavaScript functions

Post by Jos Olthui » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi there!

Is there anybody who knows where I can find information on the internet
about using Informix SQL statements within Javascript functions?
(is it possible anyway?)
I triend several things, nothing seems to work.
Can't find it anywhere!

Please help!

Jos Olthuis

Informix SQL statements within JavaScript functions

Post by Rob Wils » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

JavaScript itself is not allowed to connect to the database.  This is
a security feature introduced by the makers of JavaScript.  The only
reference to doing this that I have seen states that you require the
LiveWire plug-in.  This book is rather old so I imagine that another
plug-in may exist by now but it needs the same functionality.  (The
good news is that this old book says that LiveWire supports Informix
connections).

--
Rob Wilson

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi there!

> Is there anybody who knows where I can find information on the internet
> about using Informix SQL statements within Javascript functions?
> (is it possible anyway?)
> I triend several things, nothing seems to work.
> Can't find it anywhere!

Informix supports JDBC.  Go to the Informix WEB Site and select the
Informix Developer's Network (IDN) from there you select the JDBC Corner.
The IDN is by subscription but it is free if you have a valid Informix
serial number or support contract number so just register when prompted
if you do not have an IDN password already.

Art S. Kagel

Informix SQL statements within JavaScript functions

Post by Jos Olthui » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanx for replying, but I am searching for JavaScript and not Java (2
different things)
I already saw the JDBC Connection, if I can't get things fixed I'll try Java
instead of JavaScript.

Jos Olthuis
Web Developer