what should be the fit size for a chunk

Post by duson » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:14:20

IDS 9.4 have a ability to create a chunk to 4T,in informix document,
It recommend that one dbsapce one chunk. if I have a 100G database,
It is better way for me create a dbspace and just alloc a chunk in 100G?

another question:

            I have a informix server in AIX,and I want to create a
            raw device
     (LV) for the Informix server,the raw device (LV) base on a vg
          ,which
     pp size is 32M,it is better way to recreate this vg and set
     the pp size
     to 128M

what should be the fit size for a chunk

Post by Madison Prue » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:55:17

See below...

Quote:

> IDS 9.4 have a ability to create a chunk to 4T,in informix document,
> It recommend that one dbsapce one chunk. if I have a 100G database,
> It is better way for me create a dbspace and just alloc a chunk in 100G?

I hope that we don't recommend one chunk per dbspace.  I don't think that is
the intention.  I think that the intention is simply to state that the new
max size chunk is 4TB and that the max size of a single dbspace is also 4TB.

There is a bit of an advantage if you only have one chunk per physical disk
because IOs during checkpoints are scheduled by chunk.  Therefor, you can
minimize disk contention.

However, this advantage does not really exist if you are using disk striping
or RAID-5.  Also, if you are using a logical volumn manager and the logical
disk is spread accross multiple physical disks, then I don't think you would
see the advantage.

Quote:

> another question:

>             I have a informix server in AIX,and I want to create a
>             raw device
>      (LV) for the Informix server,the raw device (LV) base on a vg
>           ,which
>      pp size is 32M,it is better way to recreate this vg and set
>      the pp size
>      to 128M

> --

1. best fit line - Least Square Fit -- LinRegSlope

Hi All,

Does anyone have a SQL statement that would find 'a' in  the equation y = ax
+ b

We have data from Timetag x1 to Timetag x2 and we want to find the best fit
line for the data the only thing I can find in BOL is  LinRegSlope  for
analysis services.
I would like to do either in a SQL statement or a SP

Thanks in advance

Bob

2. Executing very long sql

3. Paradox Size to fit screens?

4. Unidata user group now forming

5. Troubleshooting

6. multi-page forms & Size to Fit

7. Departmental Administrator,, Permanent

8. XML output chunk Size

9. RAID5 Chunk size for SQL7

10. chunk size problem

11. chunk size limit