Online 5.10 and JDBC connectivity problems

Online 5.10 and JDBC connectivity problems

Post by Rich McKierna » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:37:15

My dilemma,  :I don't know which port to use in the URL for the
DriverManager.getConnection() call.

Can someone explain  how I would determine if the database Online 5 (AIX
4.3.3)  is properly setup to listen on a port for connections and if it
is how to determine the port number? Can I use netstat command to verify
the proper processes are running?

Any references to online docs would be very helpful. Thanks.

Thanks in advance.
Rich McKiernan

1. OnLine 5.10 w/CSDK & ESQL 5.10

A while back I asked about running D4GL with OnLine 5.10 and CSDK.
Art and Jonathan pointed out that I-STAR would be needed with that
mix of products when the ESQL/C version is above 5.10.

But Jonathan also wrote that:

Has anyone succeeded with this technique?  Any ideas how I'd go about it?

--

Washington Group International, Inc.         (215) 422-4144
Philadelphia, PA, USA

2. Estimating the space consumption of image data

3. Fail Consistency Check AIX & Informix Online 5.10

4. procedure editor

5. D4GL 3.0 & OnLine 5.10

6. US-CA-Bay Area Database (ODBMS/RDBMS) Sales and Product Marketing

7. I-STAR, OnLine 5.10 & ODBC Question

8. Snapshot agent opened from command line, fails to close

9. VB and Online 5.10

10. How does remote client connect to 5.10 online server

11. online 5.10 locks & alter table

12. Experiences with Online 5.10