free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

Post by vipe » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:01:14

Does anyone knows from where I could download some trial ?
Sybase offers only ver 8, but I want ver 5

free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

Post by willy_and_the_c » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:52:36

Hiya Viper,

SQL Any 5 has long since been End of Life'ed, no copies are available at
download.sybase.com You could possibly get one from an account rep at
your Sybase Local office.

Cheers
Willy

free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

Post by at » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:37:44

Quote:

> Hiya Viper,

> SQL Any 5 has long since been End of Life'ed, no copies are available at
> download.sybase.com You could possibly get one from an account rep at
> your Sybase Local office.

si it means it's free now ? I can download it from any website and use it
for free ?

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:30:19

> > SQL Any 5 has long since been End of Life'ed, no copies are available at
> > download.sybase.com You could possibly get one from an account rep at
> > your Sybase Local office.

> si it means it's free now ? I can download it from any website and use it
> for free ?

        No, it means Sybase no longer sells it and you'd be very lucky to
        find a copy. Try looking around to buy a second hand copy - however,
        there may be license issues doing that.

-am     ? 2003

Post by at » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:43:10

> > > SQL Any 5 has long since been End of Life'ed, no copies are available
at
> > > download.sybase.com You could possibly get one from an account rep at
> > > your Sybase Local office.

> > si it means it's free now ? I can download it from any website and use
it
> > for free ?

> No, it means Sybase no longer sells it and you'd be very lucky to
> find a copy. Try looking around to buy a second hand copy - however,
> there may be license issues doing that.

anyway, great  thanks!

1. Sybase SQL Anywhere Ver 5.0 - SQL Remote configuration

We purchased Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 some time ago but have only recently
deployed it. The problem we have is as follows:

We are trying to set up SQL Remote to automatically receive and apply SMTP
messages from a subsidiary office. The problem is that when we run SQL Remote,
the system picks up the mail messages, applies them, then displays the
following message:

Processing transaction logs from directory "dbremote"
Cannot open transaction log directory "dbremote"
Sending messages interrupted
Execution completed

After this SQL Remote will not pick up any further mail messages. Both the
database file and its log file are actually stored the following directory on
the fileserver: other\sql_data\sentinel\

I have now spent many hours trying to solve this problem, but as I am a
complete novice it appears to be beyond my capabilities. I would very much
appreciate any assistance you could give.

Thanks and Regards,

Peter Clark

2. Sending Email From a SQL Server Application

3. How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

4. OS Crashed - Journals Inaccessible

5. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

6. SQLXML 3.0: Problems using updategrams to insert new rows in database.

7. Sql anywhere runtime db ver 5 install question

8. How big can MSDE be?

9. Microsoft sql7.0-client on odbc ver 2.65 and ver 3.70

10. Restoring data from ver 6 into ver 6.5

11. Pls Help, how to use Ms Access Ver 2 in Visual Basic Ver 3

12. Difference between ver 4.0 and ver 5.0

13. server ver 7, client ver 8