1. Dump to floppy in MS SQL Server - How?
We just got MS SQL Server for NT a couple of weeks ago and are playing with it
a little. While everyting else has been smooth so far, I have come upon a
Using SQL Administrator to dump to floppy just won't work. When I issue the
command, it says: Backup Error without ever trying to spin the floppy. I tried
both the built-in diskettedumpa and creating another device, but it won't
work. The manual clearly states that when using SQL Administrator GUI, it is
not necessary to run Console, but I tried both ways. Also tried it using
T-SQL, won't work either. It is also puzzling that the built-in devices claim
to be 1.2 meg (I have 3.5" drives), and my new device has **** for size (in
the devices window). I searched DevNet CD, but with no success.
Now stop laughing - I do not actually plan to dump to floppy, but I would like
to know how it works. Dumping to hard disk works, no problem. Did not get the
tape yet so I do not know about that.
Speaking of tapes - can you suggest a good tape drive for NT? I have Adaptec
15?? SCSI adapter. A couple of G DAT would be nice.
Thanks a lot, and please reply to this newsgroup, my mail is down all week.
PS: I've been lurking here for past couple of months, and I've learned a lot.
2. Access -> ODBC -> Sybase
3. Need help on BugCheck Dump\BEGIN STACK DUMP
4. Ref Cursor question
5. Help! Installing only DTS object model--doable?
6. 1 out of 5 Dumps Missing No. of Pages when List Dumps on Backup Tape Device
7. US-PA: Harrisburg-Oracle Forms Developer
8. 6.5 load specific dump from dump device
9. Need help on BugCheck Dump\BEGIN STACK DUMP
10. Transaction Log Dumping and DB Dumps
11. Problem: Transaction log dump bigger than entire database dump
12. Need help on BugCheck Dump\BEGIN STACK DUMP