Hope beyond hope for info

Post by Scott Dunb » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        The company I work for is using a Mac based spreadsheet (Wingz) that currently talks
to an Informix dataserver.  We are using a product called Datalink that Informix stopped
supporting about 5 years ago (not a typo).
        We are thinking about switching database vendors (Sybase is in the running) and we're
looking for a possible short term band-aid to allow the legacy Wingz apps to talk to a Sybase
data server.

        Has anyone heard of such a product?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

scott dunbar

1. Hope eveyone is seated first...

OK, here it is, I have been developing in Access for many years now, since
it was first released in fact and I have only recently started using SQL
Server databases.

Until yesterday I have been creating the front end for my apps using an mdb
and have always wondered what the hell an ADP was, it was only yesterday
that I played with the upsize wizard and voila !!! I had my first adp,
always thought it was an additional app I had to buy.

So now can someone please explain to me what an adp is and confirm the
following suspicions.

Is access a front end app with an optional back end db product, if the
access backed is used then it's an mdb or is SQL Server is used then it's an
adp ?

Can all development be done via the adp ? tables, views, stored procs etc ?

When do I still have to revert to the EM or QA ? (Security maybe ?)

I have had a quick look at the web page functionality and it looks great, is
this a simple way of allowing access to my data via the internet ?

Thanks

--

(catching up slowly)

2. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

3. Corrupt table - any hope?

4. Shared printers UNIX/d3

5. A simple problem, I hope

6. Report display problems Pdox8

7. Simple SQL Question (I hope!!!)

8. How to identify the process locking a record on SE ?

9. Basic question (I hope) from beginner

10. Easy ? .....I hope

11. Simple Stored Procedure Question (I hope)

12. sql language question ( i hope this is the right NG)

13. odbc call failed (Easy I hope)