Firewalls between Servers

Post by Randy Jord » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> We would like to put a firewall between two servers. One of our servers
> will be the main server and the other will be for non sensitive data and
> for report type queries.

> What protocols do we need to allow to pass thru the firewall to let the
> replication server send data to the non sensitive server?

> Thanks

> Matt

> --
> Matthew Xavier Mora
> SRI International

Is your firewall bi-directional?

Does it only protect the unix reserved sockets (ie those below 1024)? or ALL?

If you firewall is bi-directional or not, does it allow 'holes' at
selected socket addresses, to selected nodes?

If you run the the Sybase engine with a reserved socket (<1024) are
you willing to run chroot'ed ie. from root?

RJ

--
Randy Jordan
Research Scientist

http://wizard.pnl.gov:2080/ (personal)
http://sybase.pnl.gov:2080/Sybase/.Sybase.html (Sybase Things)
http://www.amps.gov/ (Airborne Multi-Sensor Pod System)

Firewalls between Servers

Post by Matthew Xavier Mo » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

We would like to put a firewall between two servers. One of our servers
will be the main server and the other will be for non sensitive data and
for report type queries.

What protocols do we need to allow to pass thru the firewall to let the
replication server send data to the non sensitive server?

Thanks

Matt

--
Matthew Xavier Mora
SRI International

1. Firewalls + SQL Server

SQL2000
Can anyone tell me what the WinProxy setting does in the Server Network
Utility?

I have both a client and a server behind firewalls that only allow port 80
and 443.  Is there anyway to do this using SQL Server or do I need seperate
software?

Thank you

2. segmap field in sysusages table

3. MSDTC to linked server through 2 firewalls over TCP/IP

4. pgsql/src Makefile.shlib

5. connect sql server 7 through 2 firewalls that have NAT enabled

6. Changing ServerName with existing replication

7. SQL server and firewalls

8. I Need A Favour From US and Ca Citizens Please !!

9. Help ! Firewalls and SQL Server

10. SQL Server & Firewalls

11. SQL Server and Firewalls

12. Connecting two SQL Servers behind firewalls

13. SQL Server and Firewalls